• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay FY 07/08

Eye In The Sky said:
Sorry I editted my post when you were quoting me  ;D.

The $ is good, I just think that this policy of withholding it for a year is for the dogs. 

No worries -- I'd take a mere 20% ... it's still more in my change purse.  ;)

ArmyVern said:
No worries -- I'd take a mere 20% ... it's still more in my change purse;)
You have a change purse?  SWEET!

>:D

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
You have a change purse?  SWEET!

>:D

Yes I do -- a little leopard print patterned one -- why?? Do I need to buy you a darn coffee??

ArmyVern said:
Yes I do -- a little leopard print patterned one -- why?? Do I need to buy you a darn coffee??
No, no need for you to buy me a coffee (darned or not) ;)

Just making sure I know where to put the tips  >:D

(j/k)

No, no need for you to buy me a coffee (darned or not) ;)

Just making sure I know where to put the tips  >:D

(j/k)

Damn ... you're just kidding?? I was sooooooo in!!  ;D

ArmyVern said:
It's too late now. I've decided; you were kidding.  ;D
:rofl:

Dang it.  I shoulda known better.

Now, to keep on topic: yes, my EMAA shows my back pay as coming to me (er...to my wife!) on 15 March.  What is it that they say about the Ides of March?  "It's all good?"

;D

:rofl:

Dang it.  I shoulda known better.

Now, to keep on topic: yes, my EMAA shows my back pay as coming to me (er...to my wife!) on 15 March.  What is it that they say about the Ides of March?  "It's all good?"

;D

Ah yes, the good old Girl Rule # 17: "what's mine, is mine & what's his, is ours". Awesome thing that it is.  >:D

It works much better when both are in.  My wife outranks me and is bringing in alot more.  My impluse is to pay down bills hers is to schedual a Costco trip.  Being the couple we are we are doing a bit of colum A and colum B. 

I'll gladly take the extra "chunk of change" on my mid-month pay along with (hopefully soon) my tax refund (which was e-filed last night).  After all, there's three weekends between mid-month and end month pay for March.
We have some "home improvement" work to be done over the holidays!

I'm looking at home renovations as well - it's time to fix that empty beer fridge...

deck building time at my house...and maybe a Costco run...lol

Glad to hear it is coming mid march instead of end march. Just in time for my birthday!

Eye In The Sky said:
But of course she does.   8)  Regardless of if she is/is not military, civilian...etc etc

;D

We get that statement alot and in the end we both have our not moving from positions.  For the most part though we be equals............ Or so she lets me think.

Thanks for the reply, i am gonna have to go find out why my Pay raise back pay is being split up, at least thats what she showed me, because if my mid month is only what i am getting something is not right , because i am only getting  around 300 bucks of back pay,  when it should be more like 880 minus taxes.

thanks again

*CDN*Blackhawk said:
Thanks for the reply, i am gonna have to go find out why my Pay raise back pay is being split up, at least thats what she showed me, because if my mid month is only what i am getting something is not right , because i am only getting  around 300 bucks of back pay,  when it should be more like 880 minus taxes.

thanks again

That would be close - i'm only getting 500ish... I estimate 400ish based on your pay rate...

Are they taxing us like crazy on this, because 2% of 44000 is 880 dollars. that would be like taking 60%ish off for taxes, it just seems crazy to me, i guess i will just have to double check with my clerk tomorrow.
thanks for the help

*CDN*Blackhawk said:
Are they taxing us like crazy on this, because 2% of 44000 is 880 dollars. that would be like taking 60%ish off for taxes, it just seems crazy to me, i guess i will just have to double check with my clerk tomorrow.
thanks for the help

Don't forget that CPP, EI and Pension also come off, not just tax. I'm getting $1683 for back pay including Aircrew allowance and Sea Pay, and I'm only seeing $786 which means they're taking 54%. IIRC, back pays are usually taxed at your marginal tax rate, not your regular tax rate.

Your pay statement breaks it all down, you've probably got an incentive in there somewhere so that'll affect your back pay, it's not 2% of what you're making now, it's 2% of what you've been making for the past year on a month by month basis.

From the RPSR logon screen today:

Subject:  PAY AND ENVIRONMENTAL ALLOWANCES INCREASES
REF: A.  CANFORGEN 175/07 CDS 041/07 281405Z NOV 07
  B. CANFORGEN 185/07 CMP 080/07 031538Z DEC 07
Pay and Environmental Allowances increases have been actioned by RPSR. The adjustments will be reflected on the mid March 2008 PAYRUN.

And, looking at my own pay, it has been actionned (for me at least).

EDIT to add:  And, after taxes, I'm getting 48 cents on the dollar.

Back