• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

paratroopers and WWII soldiers skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

dont.get.it.48

Inactive
Reaction score
I was looking if we had any paratroopers as a career option, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore, what ever happened to them?

and the second discussion is that do you think infantry soldiers were tougher and more skilled in WWII if they were experienced enough to be at a rank like Sergent, or today's soldier? (keeping in mind the difference of equipment) no personal attack, just wondering what you guys thought

IMHO, WW2 paratroopers pioneered the skill, and todays paratroopers continue to streamline it.

I was with 3RAR (Para) from Jul 06 to Mar 07, and my journey with them took me from Sydney to Baghdad. 

Working with them was excellent. Their professionalism on operations, from Digger to MAJ was outstanding, and I was happy to be part of the team.

I am not para qualified.

i looked on the CFRC site and there was no such career in it. lol i was disappointed, but is it possible to go strait into the para.? or how would you qualify for it?

Please do a search. There are dozens of topics on the site that cover airborne operations, structure, training requirements, etc.

I'm locking this up.

Army.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back