• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OT to MP

OM288

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys,
If there is anyone that can possibly touch bases if it is possible to ot to Mp without meeting the post secondary requirements?
I was not able to find anything online in regards to that.

It is, provided you either have: a) Deployed operational experience (international or domestic) of at least six (6) months cumulative, OR b)
Must be qualified as a Close Protection Operative (AGGB).

Deployed operational experience (international or domestic) of at least six (6) months cumulative
Question: How would that help to become an MP, unless the experience was relevant? I'm having a hard time thinking how a clerk or Supply Tech with some deployments would be any further ahead than a clerk/Sup Tech who hasn't deployed.

Question: How would that help to become an MP, unless the experience was relevant? I'm having a hard time thinking how a clerk or Supply Tech with some deployments would be any further ahead than a clerk/Sup Tech who hasn't deployed.
Maybe the question should be is the "approved program at a post-secondary institution" that is the prerequisite for enrolment really necessary for an entry level policeman (military or otherwise). Or, with the organization perhaps having found that they were missing out on the "military" experience of remusters, they had to create a path to OT that didn't impose an unnecessary impediment while still satisfying the earlier case they made for all MPs starting out as corporal.

Back