• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OSS Quals Codes for Supply Techs

Windaroso

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, first time posting, so be gentle.... and I'm a supply tech, which I hear nobody likes us lol.

Anyways, I've been in the CAF for a year now, and due to injury I'm just getting into my supply tech course in a couple months thankfully.
My question to anyone who can help me, is defining what OSS Quals Codes are for supply techs. I've got a family, so I'm constantly looking at postings where I think would be a good fit for us, and notice some have different ones. Ex. A position in Trenton requires AIUI  ( Fuel Farm Operator ).
Where would I find all of these OSS Qualification Requirements? As well how do I go about trying to learn specific ones?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Before the last big DWAN reset, DPGR had a searchable database.  Since there are thousands of quals (have to track old ones too) there is probably not a single list floating on the Internet.

Good on you for looking at courses but it is a bit of a waste of time.  You will be posted to where you are required then assigned to a section and trained further on what that section reqs.  Most of the courses aren't courses you can do before you get posted.

As well, generally you'll be doing your QL4 package in the first year or so after arriving.  Delivery of that package depends on the base you'll be at.

I would just focus on doing well on your 3s and communicating your posting preferences.  The trade is red so you'll likely go to where ever the need is greatest.

MJP said:
I would just focus on doing well on your 3s and communicating your posting preferences.  The trade is red so you'll likely go to where ever the need is greatest.

Holy shit, I hope my wife doesn't read that lol. I'm (she is) really hoping to get at least one of my preferences (Trenton, Kingston, Ottawa).

That sucks I can't go out of my way to learning courses to better improve my chances of possibly getting a better leg up on a position.

Windaroso said:
Holy crap, I hope my wife doesn't read that lol. I'm (she is) really hoping to get at least one of my preferences (Trenton, Kingston, Ottawa).

That sucks I can't go out of my way to learning courses to better improve my chances of possibly getting a better leg up on a position.

I  would make sure you temper expectations with your wife ;)

If you really want to do crses my suggestion is do:
Green Procurement
Contracting Direct With Trade
Expenditure Management
Controlled Goods Awareness.
Safe Driving Crse

All are avail on DLN (https://dln-rad.forces.gc.ca/Saba/Web/Main) which is you can access at work or at home.  They are good baseline crses that typically you'll use as a Sup Tech.  The other thing I would do is dig into DRMIS even if it is just learning the GUI.  Parts specific to your job are taught but it is always good to know more!  The DRMIS DWAN site is ok to start with.

Back