• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ortona Remembrance Project. Can you help?

oratona

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello.  I am participating in a Remembering Ortona Project in November to remember all the soldiers that fought and died at the battle of Ortona during World War Two.  I will be traveling to Ortona to participate in a ceremony similar to the one the soldiers wouldd have experienced near Christmas.  As part of the project, each student is given a fallen soldier to research.  I am having trouble finding information on my soldier.  I was hoping that someone knew something about my soldier or baliton. Thank you for all your help.

Information on my soldier
name: Edwin Berry
Seaforth Highlanders

The Seaforth Highlanders are 39 CBG, in British Columbia.  With a little bit of Google work you should be able to contact the unit and see if they can help.

Thank you.  I found thier website but I ll try sending them an email :D

Have you considered ordering a copy of his service records from the Library and Archives Canada?

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/genealogie/022-909.007-e.html

I went on the archives website and that is where I  found his age and parents but I didnt realize that I could get records on his service even though I wasnt directly a family member.
Thank you for your help

Back