• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Operation PLUTO

NavyShooter said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv9lBqPVuoE

Pipe Lines Under The Ocean

I wonder if the pipes are still on the bottom of the channel??

I was on a course with a guy in my syndicate from the Royal Logistics Corps whose job was to run this pipeline. The guy was basically a strategic target. He wouldn't have been hard to hit as he must have been at least 80lbs overweight.

daftandbarmy said:
....... The guy was basically a strategic target. He wouldn't have been hard to hit as he must have been at least 80lbs overweight.

Perhaps that is what made him a "strategic" target.  ;D

One of the highlights of my staff college course's US tour was the presentation on pipeline delivery of POL by a Colonel in the Quartermaster Corps. The lecture included a model pipeline network made of clear plastic tubing which demonstrated the delivery of different commodites - diesel, gasoline, heating oil, JP4, etc - by pumping several different coloured liquids through the pipes one after the other. It wasn't PLUTO, but it was an extremely effective demonstration of the control of a vital asset.

Back