• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Op Laser 2.0

Why does this post feel like it is coming from a journalist? It has that "Mother Russia" feel to it...  Perhaps my mask is reducing my O2 levels.

*edited to add.  I have no thoughts, I will do what I am told.

I think the CAF will be ready to support the people of Canada in whatever way is required.

The low infection rate compared with the surrounding community seems somewhat remarkable.

I don't think that we are going to see the large hand out if Class C contracts that we saw on Roto 0.

First public mention I’ve seen of planned CAF involvement in vaccine distribution. Makes perfect sense to leverage CAF’s logistical capability.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tasker-vaccine-briefing-logistical-challenges-1.5817577

Brihard said:
First public mention I’ve seen of planned CAF involvement in vaccine distribution. Makes perfect sense to leverage CAF’s logistical capability.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tasker-vaccine-briefing-logistical-challenges-1.5817577

I have an intimate connection to someone involved in this. We will bring a great deal to the table.

Weinie said:
I have an intimate connection to someone involved in this. We will bring a great deal to the table.

Yup. I have family reasonably high in the logistics world, I’ve got a sense of how unique CAF’s logistics capabilities are.

Brihard said:
Yup. I have family reasonably high in the logistics world, I’ve got a sense of how unique CAF’s logistics capabilities are.

And it's not just logistics involved here. Planning, C2, liaison, admin, tracking. comms etc, all in sp to PHAC/GoC.Fun times.

Weinie said:
And it's not just logistics involved here. Planning, C2, liaison, admin, tracking. comms etc, all in sp to PHAC/GoC.Fun times.

Yup. CJOC’s undoubtedly busy.

PPCLI Guy said:
It is what they do.  And they are very good at it

I've heard it's all been downhill there recently, with the loss of their finest facial hair.

dapaterson said:
I've heard it's all been downhill there recently, with the loss of their finest facial hair.

Well in fairness, few institutions have enough inherent resilience to absorb a loss of that magnitude...

Between Rick Hillier helping Ontario, and CAF helping the feds with planned vaccine rollout, I can’t wait for the conspiracy nut jobs to go wild with this. :D

Brihard said:
Between Rick Hillier helping Ontario, and CAF helping the feds with planned vaccine rollout, I can’t wait for the conspiracy nut jobs to go wild with this. :D

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Soldiers, ....in the streets,....with needles...

At least you didn't have to wait long.  ;D

PPCLI Guy said:
It is what they do.  And they are very good at it

Its too bad the PMO didn't task CJOC to take control of the National response to the Covid crisis from the start or during the pause this summer.
The national response has been all over the place and if there was a time for an organization that has experience in planning an operation from soup to nuts this was the time. Then our health professionals could have dedicated all their time to fighting Covid and not worry as much about the logistic train required for testing, contact tracing, etc.

FSTO said:
Its too bad the PMO didn't task CJOC to take control of the National response to the Covid crisis from the start or during the pause this summer.
The national response has been all over the place and if there was a time for an organization that has experience in planning an operation from soup to nuts this was the time. Then our health professionals could have dedicated all their time to fighting Covid and not worry as much about the logistic train required for testing, contact tracing, etc.

Healthcare, however, is a provincial mandate, constitutionally. No federal state of emergency has ever been declared. The provinces have asked for only limited assistance.

The handling of the pandemic has not ben bungled for lack of true expert knowledge. As some leaked recordings out of Alberta are showing, the issue is that the elected political leadership - those actually empowered by law to make decisions - are not bound to solely heed public health advice. They’ve considered many other things too. The military would not have changed that fact.

Brihard said:
Healthcare, however, is a provincial mandate, constitutionally. No federal state of emergency has ever been declared. The provinces have asked for only limited assistance.

The handling of the pandemic has not ben bungled for lack of true expert knowledge. As some leaked recordings out of Alberta are showing, the issue is that the elected political leadership - those actually empowered by law to make decisions - are not bound to solely heed public health advice. They’ve considered many other things too. The military would not have changed that fact.

Hmm, sometimes the national interest should over-ride provincial stove-piping. The feds should not run roughshod over provincial sensibilities of course, but when you need focused national action, that should be the priority. 

Back