Op Laser 2.0

Sub_Guy

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Why does this post feel like it is coming from a journalist? It has that "Mother Russia" feel to it...  Perhaps my mask is reducing my O2 levels.

*edited to add.  I have no thoughts, I will do what I am told.
 

Furniture

Sr. Member
Reaction score
36
Points
330
I think the CAF will be ready to support the people of Canada in whatever way is required.
 

kev994

Full Member
Subscriber
Reaction score
11
Points
180
The low infection rate compared with the surrounding community seems somewhat remarkable.
 

Kilted

Member
Reaction score
32
Points
280
I don't think that we are going to see the large hand out if Class C contracts that we saw on Roto 0.
 

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
286
Points
830
First public mention I’ve seen of planned CAF involvement in vaccine distribution. Makes perfect sense to leverage CAF’s logistical capability.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tasker-vaccine-briefing-logistical-challenges-1.5817577
 

Weinie

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
208
Points
680
Brihard said:
First public mention I’ve seen of planned CAF involvement in vaccine distribution. Makes perfect sense to leverage CAF’s logistical capability.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tasker-vaccine-briefing-logistical-challenges-1.5817577

I have an intimate connection to someone involved in this. We will bring a great deal to the table.
 

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
286
Points
830
Weinie said:
I have an intimate connection to someone involved in this. We will bring a great deal to the table.

Yup. I have family reasonably high in the logistics world, I’ve got a sense of how unique CAF’s logistics capabilities are.
 

Weinie

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
208
Points
680
Brihard said:
Yup. I have family reasonably high in the logistics world, I’ve got a sense of how unique CAF’s logistics capabilities are.

And it's not just logistics involved here. Planning, C2, liaison, admin, tracking. comms etc, all in sp to PHAC/GoC.Fun times.
 

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
286
Points
830
Weinie said:
And it's not just logistics involved here. Planning, C2, liaison, admin, tracking. comms etc, all in sp to PHAC/GoC.Fun times.

Yup. CJOC’s undoubtedly busy.
 

dapaterson

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
273
Points
830
PPCLI Guy said:
It is what they do.  And they are very good at it

I've heard it's all been downhill there recently, with the loss of their finest facial hair.
 

PPCLI Guy

Army.ca Fixture
Donor
Reaction score
67
Points
530
dapaterson said:
I've heard it's all been downhill there recently, with the loss of their finest facial hair.

Well in fairness, few institutions have enough inherent resilience to absorb a loss of that magnitude...
 

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
286
Points
830
Between Rick Hillier helping Ontario, and CAF helping the feds with planned vaccine rollout, I can’t wait for the conspiracy nut jobs to go wild with this. :D
 

Haggis

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
76
Points
530
Brihard said:
Between Rick Hillier helping Ontario, and CAF helping the feds with planned vaccine rollout, I can’t wait for the conspiracy nut jobs to go wild with this. :D

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Soldiers, ....in the streets,....with needles...

At least you didn't have to wait long.  ;D
 

FSTO

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
38
Points
580
PPCLI Guy said:
It is what they do.  And they are very good at it

Its too bad the PMO didn't task CJOC to take control of the National response to the Covid crisis from the start or during the pause this summer.
The national response has been all over the place and if there was a time for an organization that has experience in planning an operation from soup to nuts this was the time. Then our health professionals could have dedicated all their time to fighting Covid and not worry as much about the logistic train required for testing, contact tracing, etc.
 

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
286
Points
830
FSTO said:
Its too bad the PMO didn't task CJOC to take control of the National response to the Covid crisis from the start or during the pause this summer.
The national response has been all over the place and if there was a time for an organization that has experience in planning an operation from soup to nuts this was the time. Then our health professionals could have dedicated all their time to fighting Covid and not worry as much about the logistic train required for testing, contact tracing, etc.

Healthcare, however, is a provincial mandate, constitutionally. No federal state of emergency has ever been declared. The provinces have asked for only limited assistance.

The handling of the pandemic has not ben bungled for lack of true expert knowledge. As some leaked recordings out of Alberta are showing, the issue is that the elected political leadership - those actually empowered by law to make decisions - are not bound to solely heed public health advice. They’ve considered many other things too. The military would not have changed that fact.
 

FSTO

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
38
Points
580
Brihard said:
Healthcare, however, is a provincial mandate, constitutionally. No federal state of emergency has ever been declared. The provinces have asked for only limited assistance.

The handling of the pandemic has not ben bungled for lack of true expert knowledge. As some leaked recordings out of Alberta are showing, the issue is that the elected political leadership - those actually empowered by law to make decisions - are not bound to solely heed public health advice. They’ve considered many other things too. The military would not have changed that fact.

Hmm, sometimes the national interest should over-ride provincial stove-piping. The feds should not run roughshod over provincial sensibilities of course, but when you need focused national action, that should be the priority. 
 
Top