• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Offer Letter

adeljithuat

Reaction score
Have question regarding the offer. If we join as DEO does the offered letter state which rank they will offer after completion of BMOQ or occupational training?

It should tell you your rank and your pay scale. As DEO you will be an OCdt/NCdt during basic, and then typically 2Lt on graduation. After your occupational training, when the appropriate amount of time has passed, you should then be Lt. Some exceptions apply (like for MOs).

I have applied for AERE, so does this occupation have exception. Does Lt after basic basic happen?. Is there any specific time period before Lt. Also to be Captain.

I have applied for AERE, so does this occupation have exception. Does Lt after basic basic happen?
No, it is not an exception but the same as all other General Service Officer (GSO) trades. You'd be paid as a 2Lt on enrolment but undergo basic training as an Officer Cadet, then promoted to substantive 2Lt upon completion of basic. Once you have both one year in service AND have completed your basic occupational training, you'd be promoted to Lt. Once you have 3 years in and have completed basic occupational training, then normally you'd be promoted to Captain.

There's also a recruitment allowance (signing bonus) right now for engineering officers, including AERE. If you're joining the RegF as a DEO and have an appropriate degree, then you should receive this.

The only exceptions I am aware of are for medical officers, so if one exists for AERE i'll let someone else speak to that.
It's not a punishment to spend time as a 2Lt before going to Lt. The 2Lt rank lets you make stupid mistakes that get forgiven. The Lt rank has people looking at you like you should know what you are doing, but if I (as an NCM) have to tell you things even a private knows (like no weapons in your tent in winter) then i'm not going to be inspired by you for much leadership.

Back