• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Off CAP...Four Days Before Flight

Baloo

Reaction score
Well, here's my tale of woe.

For the past three months, I have been listed as being on the BOTP II and CAP courses taking place this summer. All's well and good. Couple weeks ago, got the BOTP II all finished, bid everyone on the course goodbye, and see them in the summer. Week after, I head to the cottage, but come back to some puzzling emails. Apparently, Infantry School (I believe) decided that LFCA would get 6 positions for the summer. 3 of those, for 32 Brigade. There's a priority list, with 20 names. Hmmmm. Another email, and they have made a prioritization list. I'm 4th. Hmmm. Go into the unit the other day, to pick up my paperwork and flght plan. I'm good to go for Mod I as of the 18th May, and once I'm there, I figure they'll get me through the other Mods. But at least I'm going for a portion, and it'll be harder to send me home. Contract 'til the 111th August. I go home contented. Today, I receive the phonecall from the Adj. I'm a no-go. As far as I can tell, pretty much no-one is going, maybe except the couple top priorities, which I missed by a hair. So yeah, my entire summer, and effectively, my next year of training was tossed out four days prior to my flight, and we have no reason for it.

I'm a little pissed now, to say the least. Sure, I've seen people get canned off course before, but not four days before a major leadership course half-way across the country, and especially when a day before, I was a go. I hope I get some answers, because effectively the next training year is going to be a complete waste.

Interestingly enough I had a little issue myself last summer.  My unit forwarded my paperwork and I drove to Gagetown.  When I arrived they had no record of me to begin training.  The Ops O put me in a platoon for the temporary, then things got sorted out and the school found me a position.  Honestly if you come all the way from Ontario, the Infantry school will find you a spot.  They're not going to just send someone back that is prepared to do training.  Well...I'm 95% sure anyway they wouldn't send you back.  Sorry to hear about your misfortune, these snafus always suck.

That's interesting I got on my file 20 posns allocated to LFCA - mind you because Tasks are not being filled by the Areas (ie Instructors, support staff) some of the courses are on the verge of cancellation.  I will trg and dig up something further. I have a copy of your message to go to Mod 1 but nothing cancelling your attendance.
Infantry School doesn't determine allocations - First it us at CTCHQ, then the Area.  The Infantry School conducts the courses we ask them to run.

Baloo - did some digging it was the Area which cancelled you off the course, not us in Gagetown.  We just action the request here, we don't ask the reason why. Sorry.

Back