• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Off base in basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

azgoodazitgetz

Inactive
Reaction score
I know the first 4-5 weeks are pretty hardcore, but do they ever take you off base and let you go shopping? Not like clothing shopping, just regular shopping, eat some take out, buy things they dont have at the canex. Offer any sort of recooperation time before graduation. Would be nice to graduate looking stellar.

And after Graduation do they let off on a day pass to be with your family, see some sights, or do your family get to see you, and after grad they have to go find something to do in quebec until their flight back home again?

Having read Az's other post, I know she is a female.  I am ASSUMING she means getting a makeover or haircut before final graduation.

While I commend the positive thinking (and encourage it) there are many factors that affect whether or not you will get "outside time".  Teamwork, inspection results, etc will all affect your times out or even visits to Montreal.  There are many little shops in the Mega (theater, subway, snack bar, etc) that will hold you over.

As for the day pass I believe a memo may have to be handed in for that but that's the least of your worries from the get go.

Again, good luck.  When does your course start?

azgoodazitgetz said:
... do they let off on a day pass to be with your family, see some sights, or do your family get to see you, ...

:rofl: You're not going to jail. Though BMQ may feel like it sometimes.

Knowing the correct terms will assist you in your career. I think you meant to say, leave pass. As Bzzliteyr mentioned, there are opportunties to earn weekend leave. There are many threads asking/answering that question on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back