• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Non-Effective Strength (NES): Minimum Attendance

If you have a change in your status then its your responsibility to let your Orderly Room/CoC know.

Ferius said:
I think the subject describes my question pretty good.
Really?  Are you asking if being on Non-Effective Strength will affect a civilian teaching career?

If you are declared NES, your CO has 60 days to initiate a 5(f) release.... the ramifications of this is that it will affect you attempting to get a Federal Government Job and your acquisition of Crown Land.

Release 5(f) Unsuitable for Further Service.
Applies to the release of an officer or non-commissioned member who, either wholly or chiefly because of factors within his control, develops personal weakness or behaviour or has domestic or other personal problems that seriously impair his usefulness to or impose an excessive administrative burden on the Canadian Forces.

So it would not effect becoming a teacher? Because I thought that teachers worked for a section of the government.

NOPE!  It would not affect anything regarding being hired as a teacher, unless you told them, and there would not be reason to. 

Ferius said:
Because I thought that teachers worked for a section of the government.

They do, they work for a section (department) of the provincial government.

So no, it will not affect being hired as a teacher.

ballz said:
So no, it will not affect being hired as a teacher.
That being said: how's about you do yourself and everyone else a favour and just fill out the paperwork to release properly? It's not f**king rocket science.

Go in to your armories parade for night to be taken off of NES and then ask to be placed on ED&T. That may give you enough time to sort your shit out.  If not go in to your work and ask to be released.

If you STAY on NES then like everyone is saying you will get kicked out of the military.
That looks horrible for ANY job you apply for.  I wouldn't hire you.  You may not make it to be a teacher either.
You're also owe thousands of dollars to the government for you're equipment.
Good luck getting a student loan for teachers college when you owe the government 4 grand.

...you don't owe them anything....put your pride aside, go in and release.  Time to man-up.
:2c:

Flawed Design said:
Go in to your armories parade for night to be taken off of NES and then ask to be placed on ED&T. That may give you enough time to sort your crap out.  If not go in to your work and ask to be released.

If you STAY on NES then like everyone is saying you will get kicked out of the military.
That looks horrible for ANY job you apply for.  I wouldn't hire you.  You may not make it to be a teacher either.
You're also owe thousands of dollars to the government for you're equipment.
Good luck getting a student loan for teachers college when you owe the government 4 grand.
What he said!
CallOfDuty said:
Time to man-up.
What he said!

Own up to your responsibilities as a soldier.  It will make you a better teacher.

Good Morning everyone,

As I am having a difficult time getting a hold of My COC can anyone tell me....while im on course (weekend BMQ) am I still required to attend to the CO determined 70% of my parade nights to avoid NES status???

RTG :cdn:

This depends on your unit. I'd err on the side of caution until you confirm it with your CoC though.

If you are on Course, you are parading and getting paid by your Unit.  Don't worry.  You will not be considered NES.  In fact many units will tell their people who are on weekend BMQ NOT to come in on Parade nights as they don't have any training for them to do.

After all the above, make sure you do confirm with your Chain of Command what they expect of you.

Thank you tough enough and Mr. Wallace, it seems email is the best course of contact for my COC so hopefully they get back to me before tonight

RTG :cdn:

Hate to bump an old thread, but I figured it was for good cause.

Anyone have a live link for the NES Policy? Every link for CMP Instruction 20/04 is dead and I am having a tough time finding much in the DAODs and QR&Os (my googlefu is not great).

Much appreciated.

RedcapCrusader said:
Hate to bump an old thread, but I figured it was for good cause.

Anyone have a live link for the NES Policy? Every link for CMP Instruction 20/04 is dead and I am having a tough time finding much in the DAODs and QR&Os (my googlefu is not great).

Much appreciated.

Not from an official DND site, so I can't swear it's up to date: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/55794704/ADM-HR-MIL-INSTRUCTION-2004-ADM-HR-MIL-INSTRUCTION-20-04

Otherwise, on the DWAN, search for Mil Pers Instruction 20/04.

I was in the reserves in 1993 for three years.  I got a job in another city 2 hours away and wanted to transfer to a unit in the new city.  I was told I had to go visit that unit and ask to transfer.  I paraded with that unit 1 night and had an interview with the RSM in his office.  He said the transfer would be no problem.  I forget how much time went by but my original unit called me to say I was NES.  I went back to where my original unit is, which was difficult because I had no car and nowhere to stay there.  They told me they checked with the other unit and was told they had no record of me being there and they asked if I got the registered mail and I had not.  I asked if somebody had signed indicating they received the letter and they had no answer.  I was under the impression that a signature was required with registered mail.  I did not want to leave the military but figured I had no choice and was quite disgusted by the administrative bungling.  How can they defend our country if they can't do something this simple?  I got an honourable discharge.  I have been told that the military has been overhauled since then and that these kind of things were more common back in those days.

citydweller said:
I was in the reserves in 1993 for three years.  I got a job in another city 2 hours away and wanted to transfer to a unit in the new city.  I was told I had to go visit that unit and ask to transfer.  I paraded with that unit 1 night and had an interview with the RSM in his office.  He said the transfer would be no problem.  I forget how much time went by but my original unit called me to say I was NES.  I went back to where my original unit is, which was difficult because I had no car and nowhere to stay there.  They told me they checked with the other unit and was told they had no record of me being there and they asked if I got the registered mail and I had not.  I asked if somebody had signed indicating they received the letter and they had no answer.  I was under the impression that a signature was required with registered mail.  I did not want to leave the military but figured I had no choice and was quite disgusted by the administrative bungling.  How can they defend our country if they can't do something this simple?  I got an honourable discharge.  I have been told that the military has been overhauled since then and that these kind of things were more common back in those days.

Other than the registered mail and if we're capable of defending the country questions, is there something you were asking?

Or were you just venting?

Back