• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

No aircrew selection for COT-U?

JEDelta

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently undergoing a COT-U from the Pilot trade. I talked to the PSO and he said that AEC was open, and would likely remain open for the next competition period.

I passed the testing for AEC when I did aircrew selection about 6.5 years ago, but the PSO said that I wouldn't be eligible for AEC, as the testing expires after five years and they aren't sending COT-U candidates to Trenton for ACS, as they (the recruiting side) don't have the money for it.

Is this true? if so, is there any way around it? Could I get a waiver for the old testing results?

Hi JEDelta,

I just attended a BPSO Q&A session two days ago (NWO in the fleet trying to VOT-U to the Army). Can confirm that the PSO said aircrew trades are not available for COT, however no reason was given.

I don't know how the Pilot trade works, my Pilot friends told me something about a safety fail that leads to a COT.  I do know a lot of Naval Warfare Officers students game the system, namely deliberately failing tests IOT to get a COT. That probably contributes to why aircrew trades aren't available for COT no matter the reason, otherwise a lot of people would keep failing and try to get a COT to Pilot.

It is odd though since you have already demonstrated your ability by passing aircrew selection once before. It's like if they say I have to write the MOST (Maritime Officer Selection Test) again. Best of luck though!

BlueAngels14 said:
I just attended a BPSO Q&A session two days ago (NWO in the fleet trying to VOT-U to the Army). Can confirm that the PSO said aircrew trades are not available for COT, however no reason was given.

It must be different for non-aircrew trades. I was told both AEC and ACSO would have been available to me until it was determined that my aircrew selection (ACS) was more than five years ago.

I guess it makes sense based off of what you were told, and what I was told. They must not want to send COT applicants for ACS, and the only reason it is an option for pilots is that most of them did their ACS within the last five years.

Back