• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Nike SFB - anyone have them?

M

MikeL

I'm considering picking up a pair of Nike SFBs;  wondering if anyone here has experience with them?  Also,  anyone know of a place in Canada that carries them?  All I can find is US retailers,  so I am assuming there is none in Canada.

I've read a few reviews online,  most are fairly positive,  but others are conflicting.  Some people say they wear out very quickly,  other reviews say they were great boots and held up well through Ranger School. 

They do look pretty sweet. I can't find any Canadan retailers though.

Great boots, have had both the desert and standard black.  Incredibly light and super comfortable the only thing lacking is next to zero ankle support.  Have done BFTs and rucks with them and had no problems, however getting in to higher ruck weights and more unstable terrain you may feel they aren't as supportive as you might like.

I found the soles to be somewhat soft, however they seemed IMO to be better than a pair of swats. 

*Updated to add as far as durability goes, had I not lost both pairs (long story) I'm sure they'd still be holding up fine as they seemed quite well made.

All in all though, great value for the money, would highly recommend them.  Got mine off of the Nike US site but they didn't (then at least) have an option for international delivery.  (Got em sent to friends in the US then forwarded on)

Cheers.

yukon said:
Great boots, have had both the desert and standard black.  Incredibly light and super comfortable the only thing lacking is next to zero ankle support.  Have done BFTs and rucks with them and had no problems, however getting in to higher ruck weights and more unstable terrain you may feel they aren't as supportive as you might like.

I found the soles to be somewhat soft, however they seemed IMO to be better than a pair of swats. 

*Updated to add as far as durability goes, had I not lost both pairs (long story) I'm sure they'd still be holding up fine as they seemed quite well made.

All in all though, great value for the money, would highly recommend them.  Got mine off of the Nike US site but they didn't (then at least) have an option for international delivery.  (Got em sent to friends in the US then forwarded on)

Cheers.

I bought mine off the US site also, got em delivered to me when I was working in the states. I really really like em. You get your feet wet fast, but they dry fast also(oddly like they are designed like jungle boots or something). Very little ankle and arch support, but they also weigh around 16 oz per boot, lighter then some running shoes. I train in minimalist shoes, so I have a lot of foot and ankle strength so I have never noticed an issue, even rucking over 100lbs cross country.

As to the durability, due to a fortuitous error on the part of Nike, I ended up receiving two pairs, when I only paid for one. So I have been able to rotate them enough to minimize wear. I need to do some repairs on my one pair, as the sole is starting to delaminate, though I suspect that some shoe glue will solve that. I received them in February of 2011, so they have been not to shabby. I was class B for about 10 months after I first got them before I went back to school. Then I have worked a full RST schedule teaching, so they have probably gotten like 18 months of full time use(including a whole summer on one pair of boots as I couldnt find the second pair.

I think that for the money, if you can deal with the lack of ankle support, they are a great investment. After 2 years with them i saw my first pair on someone else yesterday....I was blown away that other people knew about them.

I absolutely LOVE these boots! I'v had mine for over a year and they still look great. First time I wore them happened to be for a BFT. Finished with no soreness (other than the usual) and no blisters. I was amazed. I'v have worn them as my field boots ever since. Some people don't like the lack of ankle support, but I disagree. I find that even in the tank rutted fields of Meaford I could feel the ground better in the dark and could avoid the holes a lot better. I love that finish comes pre-shined and only ever really requires a minimal amount of wiping before it's gleaming again. And they dry so fast. It's really incredible. As with all boots they do have their faults. Mine have held up to Infantry wear and tear, but my husbands have not. He's a weapons tech and hasn't seen the field in a while and his are newer than mine and the sole is starting to peel off. I'm not sure why his boots are worse off than mine. But his boots always do that. Even his Oakleys. Another unfortunate thing with the SFB's are that the sole is so soft things get stuck in the large grooves. I was always picking small pebbles out of the soles. I never felt them really, but as soon as we started marching on any pavement I'd hear the "clink, clink, clink" as I brought my foot down. Anyway that's my review. The whole reason I stumbled on this thread was to see if anywhere in Canada sells them yet. It's time to buy a second pair (mine have somehow vanished in our recent posting) and I don't live close to the border anymore.

It's not like the issued boots have ankle or arch support anyways. They look like decent boots for flat terrain.

Sorry to bring this thread back to life but I stumbled across a US retailer that carries these boots in black and offers reasonable(9$) shipping to Canada. Here's a link to the website

http://www.uspatriottactical.com/nike-black-special-field-boot-sfb-police-boots.html

Back