• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NEW VCDS

observor 69

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
LGen Jean-Marc Lanthier

@Army_Comd
Follow @Army_Comd

Honoured to be appointed Vice Chief of the Defence Staff. Thank you to the @CDS_Canada_CEMD for his confidence in me. I leave the CA in the very capable hands of LGen Eyre and look forward to supporting the Chief of the Defence Staff and Deputy Minister in this new role.

2:01 PM - 12 Jul 2019

Baden Guy said:
LGen Jean-Marc Lanthier

@Army_Comd
Follow @Army_Comd

Honoured to be appointed Vice Chief of the Defence Staff. Thank you to the @CDS_Canada_CEMD for his confidence in me. I leave the CA in the very capable hands of LGen Eyre and look forward to supporting the Chief of the Defence Staff and Deputy Minister in this new role.

2:01 PM - 12 Jul 2019
And the knock-on moves following up behind
◦Lieutenant-General J.M. Lanthier will be appointed Vice Chief of the Defence Staff, replacing Lieutenant-General P.F. Wynnyk.
◦ Lieutenant-General W.D. Eyre will be appointed Commander Canadian Army, replacing Lieutenant-General J.M. Lanthier.
◦Rear-Admiral H.C. Edmundson will be promoted to the rank of Vice-Admiral and will be appointed Commander Military Personnel Command, replacing Lieutenant-General W.D. Eyre.
◦Major-General S.J.R. Whelan will be appointed Deputy Commander Military Personnel Command, replacing Rear-Admiral H.C. Edmundson.
◦Brigadier-General J.R.M. Gagne will be promoted to Major-General and will be appointed Chief Military Personnel Strategic Programs, replacing Major-General S.J.R. Whelan.
◦Colonel F.G. Carpentier will be promoted acting while so employed to the rank of Brigadier-General and appointed as Commander 2 Canadian Division and Joint Task Force (East), in Montreal QC, replacing Brigadier-General M.A.J. Carignan.

Lanthier will make an excellent VCDS, appreciating greatly the details and nuances of the CAF’s interaction with the Department and the GoC writ large. The Army is incredibly fortunate to have Eyre as its senior leader - he is professional and incredibly capable. I hope he is allowed to remain engaged in the work he was tasked to accomplish in Korea.

Good2Golf said:
The Army is incredibly fortunate to have Eyre as its senior leader - he is professional and incredibly capable. I hope he is allowed to remain engaged in the work he was tasked to accomplish in Korea.

I've had the privilege and pleasure of meeting him once;  last fall while deployed on PROJECTION, he was in our location and came to speak to our Det.  Very personable, struck me as exceptionally composed and intelligent and was very to the point on some good questions he was asked.

Having worked closely with LGen Eyre on a handful of files, I will say that the Army's gain is CMP's loss.  An intelligent, capable, compassionate leader, with a wonderful sense of humour.

And the second most famous person to come from Wadena, SK.

Was it not LGen Eyre (as the CMP) that took the reigns on the BGRS card nonsense from last APS, communicated quickly and effectively to those affected and fixed the problem ASAP (faster than I've ever seen any administrative issue fixed in the CF)?

JesseWZ said:
Was it not LGen Eyre (as the CMP) that took the reigns on the BGRS card nonsense from last APS, communicated quickly and effectively to those affected and fixed the problem ASAP (faster than I've ever seen any administrative issue fixed in the CF)?

That was (then) MGen Eyre, as assistant CMP, on behalf of LGen Lamarre who was CMP at the time.

JesseWZ said:

Not to have away from the discussion on an excellent leader, but we the CAF brought the whole card fiasco onto ourselves.  That is got fixed quickly is a testament to the fine LGen.

Back