• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Reserve Maritime Intelligence Trade: Reg Force Transferable?

bbereziuk

Inactive
Reaction score
The members of this site have really given some good advice regarding recruitement and reserve to reg force transfers... Does anyone have some input for this question?:

I've been in the Naval Reserves for about two and a half years.  I joined as a R86 Naval Control of Shipping officer that has recently been remustered to R82, which is intelligence.  The training is the same, except it consists of one extra summer where we will be given BIOC (Basic Intel Officer Course), in Quebec City.

Apparently, the course is designed to be directly transferable to the reg force version in Kingston (though from what I've seen on this site, I should never assume anything in the reserves in exactly equivalent to the reg force), and I'll be on that course this summer.

My question is this:  I've heard of a few reserve guys transfering to reg force intelligence.. is this a possibility for me?  Can anyone advise me on what the reg force is looking for regarding new int. officers?  I've also heard that 5 years operational experience WAS required before, and that this has been dropped...

Some insight anyone?

zook,

You may want to re-post this in the navy/airforce section, mdh

Back