• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New DGHS Announced

Gunner98

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
MGen Peter Devlin will become DG Health Services.  The first non-HS leader of the HS community.  This returns leadership of HS to a MGen rank and the Surg Gen as a BGen.  He knows HS well as he was the COS previously.

See topic for entire list of 2008 appointments - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/70982.new.html#new

Brig.-Gen. H.F. Jaeger is appointed Commander CF Health Services Group and CF Surgeon General at NDHQ, Ottawa

Wow... hold on kids, it is going to be quite the ride. 

He is one hell of an Officer, and did quite the job as the COS a few years back.  It will be interesting to see how this all works out.  I think it will be a smashing old change to have an ex-Infantry Officer (on paper, but really still an Infantry Officer at heart) command the Health Services.

MC

He will renew the focus on operational matters and medicine. It will be a challenge to resist the "armification" of the HS Group.

I know "armification" is not a word... but I'm sure you get my meaning.

Damn fine Officer. He was great as COS, and I see no reason why he won't succeed as DGHS either.

Armification - I like it - but then I wear green to begin with......

Back