• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Cadpat

CBH99 said:
Those grey tee-shirts are the most comfortable tee-shirts ever made...no??  Kept mine for years until they finally fell apart.

They're great! I'm sad they took them off Logistik's site. I still have a few new ones hanging around somewhere, but most of mine are probably closer to falling apart.

Brashendeavours said:
Were you wearing a v-neck or crew-neck t-shirt?

Crew neck would be against the regs because it is visible.
If, however, the MWO questioned a proper "invisible" v-neck, I would ask them why they are looking so closely at your undergarments.

I'd recommend against that...especially for Jnr ranks.  If it is truly invisible, 'the MWO' won't even see it.  Right?

Eye In The Sky said:
I'd recommend against that...especially for Jnr ranks.  If it is truly invisible, 'the MWO' won't even see it.  Right?

You don't actually see the white when people wear them but it's clear to tell who's wearing an undershirt. You can often make out and outline.  A lot of people surprisingly don't wear them and you can sometimes tell on the bus in the summer with the sweat.  Like many units even in Ottawa sitting in a cubicle, I wear Cadpat so it's not overly concerning for me.  WO's and above don't with the exception of certain units such as CJOC HQ for example.
It's not a fight worth fighting so with the exception of asking my CoC if they're ok with it next time I need to wear it I'll leave it alone. 

stellarpanther said:
It's not a fight worth fighting so with the exception of asking my CoC if they're ok with it next time I need to wear it I'll leave it alone.

What about for your subordinates, if you have any?

What about the actual policy?  If it isn't clear, 'not saying anything' will never clear up ambiguity.  These types of things also fall under our duties as leaders.  Address the question to your CofC for clarification; it could be there are X amount of people who are also unsure, like you are, and hesitant to 'fight a fight'.  Asking a question shouldn't be fighting a fight, if it is you have bigger issues at your unit. 

The only guidance in the dress instructions is:

"The shirt, short-sleeved shall be worn with the collar open.  Underwear shall not be visible."

So, as long as a white v-neck is completely under your shirt, no problem.  In fact, I think it looks a lot more professional - DEU shirts seem to be more see-thru than they used to be.  Prolongs the life of the actual SS shirt as well.

"Shall not be visible" can probably be interpreted in different ways by different people. Arguing policy was one of the most tedious parts of being in the CAF.

I'd be curious to see how many people on this forum, other than SP, have been jacked up for wearing a white v-neck completely under their SS shirt.  Even more curious to know how many Sr. NCMs here have jacked up others for the same "offence".

Throughout my time at CFLRS, CMR, RMC, and other training establishments, I have always worn a v-neck under 3B (air).  Never an issue, as it was never visible, unless you count noticing that my shirt wasn't as see-thru.  It was a common practice.

Both wearing undershirts.  Both less noticeable than the variety of different "green" berets visible on parades (logistik vs purchased etc).

Attachments

• IMG_0335.PNG
    IMG_0335.PNG
    415.9 KB · Views: 280
What's that new order of dress - long sleeved shirt with tie, no epaulettes, ribbons and name tag?

EDIT: Looking at the decorations, believe he may be USAF on exchange.

dapaterson said:
What's that new order of dress - long sleeved shirt with tie, no epaulettes, ribbons and name tag?

EDIT: Looking at the decorations, believe he may be USAF on exchange.

Maybe a USAF senior enlisted leader, gentleman on the right is a USAF Col.

Edit: Looked him up, seems I was correct.

While it has been some years, I *always* wore a v-neck t-shirt underneath my 3B.

The original navy white short sleeve shirt was 100% plastic.  It was absolutely hideous to wear.  A cotton t-shirt was essential and (as I recall) almost everyone wore one.  No one seemed to ever care about a v-neck shirt underneath an open collar shirt.  What changed? 

Spencer100 said:
oh and the watch on the right hand!  :tsktsk:

I always wear my watch on the right...maybe it's because I'm predominantly left handed.

stoker dave said:
The original navy white short sleeve shirt was 100% plastic.  It was absolutely hideous to wear. 

But you iron it once a career ;)

Edit:  And I remember wearing it, with the rest of 3Bs, as Officer of the Day in port for a bit.  Why the hell anyone thought going into a potential fire with a fire extinguisher, plastic shirt, starched pants, and shiny shoes was a good idea needed to have their head examined.

mick said:
I'd be curious to see how many people on this forum, other than SP, have been jacked up for wearing a white v-neck completely under their SS shirt.  Even more curious to know how many Sr. NCMs here have jacked up others for the same "offence".

Never.  Generally speaking, if I am wearing no tunic, I'll have a V-beck t-shirt on.  Would I 'jack up' someone?  Only if they weren't following the dress regs (the t-shirt sleeve being longer than the SS shirt sleeve and hanging out, or the t-shirt neck being visible).  That just comes down to smart buying, IMO. 

Denver Hayes modern fit V-neck white t shirts are all I buy;  95% cotton, 5 % spandex.  Very comfy and not 'loose fitting'.

Agree, if anything is "hanging out", fair game.  Canex used to carry good v-necks too.

CanadianTire said:
I always wear my watch on the right...maybe it's because I'm predominantly left handed.

I wear my watch on my right wrist and I am right handed. It's annoyed a couple CSM's, but it's the way I have always done it.

Eye In The Sky said:

As other have noted, the wording "shall not be visible" would be interpreted by those with a modicum of common sense, as the t-shirt physically not sticking out the neck hole or arm holes.
Either that, or let the pedantry begin, and I'm going to start pointing out underwear-lines on some people that shimmy into their DEUs after too many years of extra duff.

Kilted said:
I wear my watch on my right wrist and I am right handed. It's annoyed a couple CSM's, but it's the way I have always done it.

Some CSMs really care which hand you wear your watch on  ???

Back