• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NETP-O Dates, Summer 2012

ekpiper

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone on here happen to have tentative dates for this coming summer's NETP-O?  My former regiment is going on a trip to Dieppe for the 70th Anniversary, and I would at least like to know if it is remotely possible for me to attend and honour the anniversary of the raid.  I've also heard whisperings of a chance to go on RIMPAC for the course.  Does anyone have any knowledge of that which they can share?

Thank you in advance!

Tentative dates aren't out that I can see. But if you go off what happened this past summer it might give you an indication. The course is 10 weeks for RegF... one started on the 24 of May and one on the 6th of June. RIMPAC is like a month long and I doubt they have enough room for 20 extra subbies (Sea time is going to be tight during FELEX)... Sea Phase on NETP-O is only two weeks and is usually combined with a MARS III or IV course on the ORCA's. If you have DIN keep checking the Venture site for dates.

Acer Syrup said:
Tentative dates aren't out that I can see. But if you go off what happened this past summer it might give you an indication. The course is 10 weeks for RegF... one started on the 24 of May and one on the 6th of June. RIMPAC is like a month long and I doubt they have enough room for 20 extra subbies (Sea time is going to be tight during FELEX)... Sea Phase on NETP-O is only two weeks and is usually combined with a MARS III or IV course on the ORCA's. If you have DIN keep checking the Venture site for dates.

I went on RIMPAC for my sea phase on NETP-O back in 2010. But like you said the sea time issue is a factor now a days.

Stacked said:
What exactly do they do on the Orca's?  I'm tasked to one starting Nov 7, I haven't really been told what's going on yet though.

If you mean the NETPO's then they learn basic seamanship skills and will rotate through a few of the positions on the bridge. The NETPO sea phase is usually attached to a MARS III or sometimes IV sea phase.

Stacked said:
I'm an Ordinary Seaman tasked for this. I'm assuming I'll just be assisting these guys on their MARS III/IV?  Do you usually make it back weekends too?

I'm afraid I don't know but its safe to say you'll be assisting in some capacity. As far as I know they make it back some weekends but I've also heard of them spending weekends in some ports.

I guess you'll just have to wait and see for the specifics.

Thank you for the information.  I guess that it will have to be watch and shoot for the time being.

Back