• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NCI OP Question !!!

Angel_eyes

Inactive
Reaction score
.....yes I've searched other posts, yes I've searched the web, no i haven't found the answer I'm looking for. I'm sure my local recruiting office could possibly help me out with this one, however it is sunday afternoon and I figure you nice folks wouldn't mind lending a helpful hand  :nod:

Here goes... I know Stewards spend about 75% of their career at sea, Nav Comms spend about 60% of their time at sea, how about NCI Ops ??? I just want to know if i took this trade what % of my career would i be expected to spend at sea (just an estimate would be fine !!).

Also, if there is anyone out there currently employed in this trade please feel free to message me, I would love to hear from you to get some insight on this career choice.

Thanks a bunch  :-*

As you noted, all hard sea trades will normally spend more than half their time in sea going billets, including NCI Ops. Factors including the needs of the MOS, where you are in your career, your MOS' ship-to-shore ratio, which coast/ship you are posted to and the OPSKED all affect how many actual days you will be sailing away home. These factors apply to all trades working in a Naval environment and can change suddenly depending on the needs of the service.

Searching the site for NCI Op related topics found:
- any NCI OP training info would be great ;
- Naval Combat Information Operator  ; and
- NCI OP vs NES OP.

NCIOPs mostly stay in the ops room doing operations work on a daily basis while at sea.  You won't be doing watch duties as lookout and life bouy sentry.  You will have work on the upper decks for rescue stations and RAS positions up until you make MS.

Many hours sitting in front of the radar watching the green stuff go around at the junior ranks but lots to learn and do if you have the desire to. 

Radar114 said:
NCIOPs mostly stay in the ops room doing operations work on a daily basis while at sea.  You won't be doing watch duties as lookout and life bouy sentry.  You will have work on the upper decks for rescue stations and RAS positions up until you make MS.

Many hours sitting in front of the radar watching the green stuff go around at the junior ranks but lots to learn and do if you have the desire to. 

I would say all that depends on your ship and the manning requirements your unit has. I bet if you ask around there was a MS doing rescue stations on one of the 280s just recently.

Back