• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Navy Courses

kawa11

Inactive
Reaction score
I've read http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/30899/post-218150.html#msg218150 and wondered if anyone had courses available to the Navy?

Secondly, can persons volunteer for course openings are do you have to wait until a course is offered to you before taking it?

Everything I read seems to be offered mostly to Infantry and was wondering if, as a Navy cook, I would be able to add a little variety to my life and make the most out of military life.
(Seriously, I know it's work but that para course just looks like a great way to kill a weekend  ;))

kawa11 said:
Secondly, can persons volunteer for course openings are do you have to wait until a course is offered to you before taking it?

You can volunteer all you want, you do not get to decide what courses you go on. Your chain of command decides and there has to be a reason for sending you on a course and you have to meet pre-requisistes specific to each course. You don't get to go just because you "feel like killing a weekend".

No, there are no courses for Navy members. There are no courses for Air Force members either. Only infantry gets to go on courses. They are the only ones who get training to do their jobs, the rest of us have to figure it out on our own.

Seriously, there are vast lists of specialty courses one can take no matter what trade you are. Some are trade specific, some are position/rank specific, some are element specific and some apply to all CF members. None of them are "just because" courses. If your CoC sees a need for you to take certain training, they will send you.

Back