• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MWO Timothy Bennett - RCD

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
It is always sad when a very close friend succumbs to the ravishes of cancer.  Last night, Tim Bennett passed away.

From the Regiment:
It is with a heavy heart and fond memories that we pass along the sad news today:

Dear Dragoons,

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you that Master Warrant Officer Tim Bennett passed away last evening, 12 March, in Fredericton, New Brunswick. We are comforted in knowing that Tim was surrounded by his family at the time of his passing.

Sergeant-Major Bennett was the consummate professional who loved this Regiment and continued to serve it right to the end, being in the field assessing and training new sergeant-majors as recently as last November. We have no doubt lost an outstanding soldier and leader; our Regiment will be less without Tim in its ranks.

The Royal Canadian Armour Corps School will take the lead on assisting Tim's family and planning the military funeral which they have requested. More details will be sent to all once known.

On behalf of the Regimental Sergeant-Major, Chief Warrant Officer Mercer, and all Dragoons everywhere, I offer the Regiment's most sincere condolences to the Bennett family on this most untimely loss.

Respectfully,

Steven Graham
Lieutenant-Colonel
Commanding Officer
Royal Canadian Dragoons

We will miss you Tim.
Your enthusiasm, your boisterous and cheerful laugh and all the pride and goodness you brought to your profession as a Dragoon
May God hold you close
May he comfort your family - Jill and Ben
Your Mom Kay and Your Siblings Cathy and Blair
May you know ..........we have all been greatly TOUCHED by your presence in our hearts.

Muggsie

CO's Secretary RCD

You will truly be missed by many.

RIP Jumper

I've known Tim for almost 30 years.
Dedicated soldier, and good friend.
RIP, Tim, you'll be missed.
My condolences to Jill, Ben and Kay.

Crushing news.
Tim was one of the first people I met when I came over to Recce Sqn. he took the time to teach me as a young signaller the ways of the Corps.
I give a great deal of credit to him for making my four years at the RCD one of the highlight postings of my career.
Rest in Peace Tim.

Obituary page:

Timothy Alfred Bennett
1962-2015

It is with great sadness that the family announces the death of Tim Bennett of Oromocto, NB on Thursday, March 12, 2015 at the Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital.  He was born in Fredericton, NB on February 1, 1962 to Mary "Kay" (Muise) and the late Gordon "Busher" Bennett.

Tim will be most remembered for his love of his family and for being a dedicated and loving husband and father.  He was also very proud of his military career, serving for 32 years, being well known and loved by his many colleagues.

Tim will be sadly missed by his wife, Jill (Wood); son, Benjamin of Kingston, ON; mother, Kay (Muise) Bennett of Oromocto, NB; brother, Blair Bennett (Debbie) of North Bay, ON; sister, Cathy Fraser (James) of Guelph, ON and of course… Sadie.  Tim is also survived by several special friends and numerous extended family members.

He was predeceased by his father, Gordon.

The family would like to express their heartfelt thanks to Dr. D. Gowan and the palliative care team at the DECRH, the Extra Mural nurses and the base hospital medical and pharmacy teams.

Visitation will be held at St. Luke’s Chapel, CFB Gagetown on Monday, March 16, 2015 from 2-4 and 6-8 pm.  The funeral service will be held at St. Luke’s Chapel on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 11:00 am.  Padre John Hounsell-Drover and Padre Charles Deogratias will officiate.  Interment will take place at a later date in the Oromocto Pioneer Gardens.  For those who wish memorial tributes in Tim’s memory may be made to the DECRH Palliative Care Unit or to a charity of the donor’s choice.

www.oromoctofh.com

http://www.oromoctofh.com/obituaries/96418#.VQNy2nqgQIw.facebook

For those interested and who will be in the Fredericton/Oromocto area attending Tim's funeral:

The Visitation/Funeral Arrangements for MWO Tim Bennett

The following are the details surrounding the various events:

Visitation:

The visitation will be open to the public

When: Monday, 16 Mar 15

1st visitation window: 1400-1600hrs
2nd visitation window: 1800-2000hrs

Dress: appropriate civilian attire (suggested suit and tie)

Location: St. Luke's protestant chapel, CFB Gagetown (base map attached) (No map was attached)

Full Military Funeral:

The funeral will be open to the public

When: Tuesday, 17 Mar 15 @ 1100hrs

Dress: DEU 1A for military members, or appropriate civilian attire

Location: St Luke's protestant chapel (overflow in the Catholic chapel) CFB Gagetown. Ushers will be available to direct attendees to the appropriate venue. As a result, it is suggested folks begin arriving NLT 1015hrs.

Post Reception: There will be a reception after the funeral at A4 Annex, WO & Sgt's Mess.

To this end, we are expecting a huge turnout for Tim's funeral. We would kindly request that all "out-of-towners" communicate to the unit Adjt (Captain Todd Parker -) and my executive assistant (Ms. Heidi Mitton - ) (both on CC line above) no later than 1500hrs Sunday 15 Mar. This will facilitate any room bookings required across the garrison. These numbers will also enable us to confirm facility requirements and seating arrangements for the military funeral itself. Your cooperation in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Donations/Flowers

For those of you wishing to make a donation, the family has requested to make it to: The Palliative Care Unit........... at the Dr. Everett Chalmers Hospital in Fredericton.
If you would like to send flowers, please send them to the Oromocto Funeral Home, 108 Winnebago St, Oromocto, NB E2V 1C7.

Respectfully,
J.L. (John) Andrews
Lieutenant-Colonel
Commandant Royal Canadian Armoured Corps School

Sorry some of the information is dated (a day past due date), as this just arrived a few minutes ago from the Regiment. 

A very large number of Tim's friends from over the years are planning on attending.  A definite sign of how much he has touched us in the Corps.

Back