• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mr Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pte anthony

Prime Minister Martin and the new defence minister seem to be on a better track in relation to the Canadian Forces already, and in terms of Ol wind bag Jean they should do wonders, I would like to here opinons from canadian forces members on this subject.
Thank you :salute: :salute: :salute: :cdn:

Too early to say really! The honeymoon is still in effect.
We‘ll only really be able to tell when he has to make a terribly unpopular decision.
But I must say, after years of getting nervous everytime a Sea King flew overhead, it will be nice to see a new helicopter flying over Halifax.

In regards to the new choppers, what is the CF getting, or has it not been decided yet?

I guess it‘s not very pleasant having to worry about helicopter droppings as opposed to sea gulls!! SAR techs are flying commorants.It would make sense to outfit the navy with the same machines. But I wouldn‘t hold my breath, and CHE heads up I a SEATHING is coming in for a landing!! :rolleyes:

I’m looking forward to seeing what the new PM and DM have in store for us.
Seeing that Chrentian MP(s) did enough just to get us by.
Already they started changes on defense website, updating them and etc.
Which is a big factor for me.

officially Letting the public know about JTF-2 was a significant move as well.
It‘s not like we all did not know it existed anyways.

Wait for his first budget to come down. From his rhetoric it looks like Health Care and the economy are his priority. Right now he needs to get reelected and no one gets reelected in this country by spending money on the military. By cutting social programs. Just ask The Tories. All I foresee coming out of the budget may be a slight increase but which will just basically cover the costs of our ongoing mission to Afghanisan.

Amazing that we still need helicopters 10 years later. But wait those helicopters were the cadillacs of helicopters. Now we are getting lesser versions. Well I know I don‘t want our troops getting the best equipment only mediocre. The replacement helicopters are only there to protect our Expensive frigates and provide SAR to the navy. Why should they have all the bells and whistles. In case you are wondering I am being sarcastic.

Hmmm... Miss this one somehow.

Off to current affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back