• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP recruiting 2017/18/19

Congrats to all that got the call. Good luck! Just out of curiosity, when did you guys do your MPAC?

mphopeful19 said:
Congrats to all that got the call. Good luck! Just out of curiosity, when did you guys do your MPAC?

meejye said:
I am also going to the MPAC on the 27th from Halifax! I'd say it will be a long day.

Two pages up

Congrats to all guys and gals that received their offers :)

Kinda jealous how frequent BMQ runs compared to BMOQ

Hi all,

I was informed that I was successful @the interview and recommended for the next MPAC. I was told that MP ncm route has been closed for hiring until the spring...
Just a few questions:
1) Direct Entry, for those of us with a PF Diploma. What does that actually mean in terms of the hiring process? I was under the impression the diploma was required to be eligible to apply.
2) Pay and promotion to Cpl. If you are given an offer, when does the cpl. pay rate take affect? Would it be once you start the training in Borden or after it is complete? I read on an earlier post that backpay is issued, just looking for clarification.
3) While training in Borden, can recruits take housing on base for them and their family (wife and kids)?

Thank you.

ubique89 said:
Hi all,

I was informed that I was successful @the interview and recommended for the next MPAC. I was told that MP ncm route has been closed for hiring until the spring...
Just a few questions:
1) Direct Entry, for those of us with a PF Diploma. What does that actually mean in terms of the hiring process? I was under the impression the diploma was required to be eligible to apply.
2) Pay and promotion to Cpl. If you are given an offer, when does the cpl. pay rate take affect? Would it be once you start the training in Borden or after it is complete? I read on an earlier post that backpay is issued, just looking for clarification.
3) While training in Borden, can recruits take housing on base for them and their family (wife and kids)?

Thank you.

1. Yes, police foundations or similar schooling is required so it doesn’t necessarily “help” you in the recruiting stage other than you just need it to apply for that specific trade.

2. Once you are promoted after your BMQ you will start to receive Cpl pay and I believe you are back paid for your basic if I remember correctly.

3. You would most likely have to move your family to barrie or surrounding towns as it’s pretty well impossible to get a PMQ while your on course. We just have to suck it up and leave the family for the 4.5 or so months.

Hope this helps some.

coyote489 said:
1. Yes, police foundations or similar schooling is required so it doesn’t necessarily “help” you in the recruiting stage other than you just need it to apply for that specific trade.

2. Once you are promoted after your BMQ you will start to receive Cpl pay and I believe you are back paid for your basic if I remember correctly.

3. You would most likely have to move your family to barrie or surrounding towns as it’s pretty well impossible to get a PMQ while your on course. We just have to suck it up and leave the family for the 4.5 or so months.

Hope this helps some.
You remember correctly!

I just enrolled before the holidays and start BMQ in a few weeks. Some of my paperwork said I would be promoted to Cpl following BMQ and I would receive backpay from Jan 12, which is my payroll start date.

coyote489 said:

Hope this helps some.

You don't get to move your family to Borden while on your QL3 at the CFMPA. You are still considered on the BTL and it is not a posting.

You will be in Borden for 4.5 months and your family will remain at your Primary Residence until completion of QL3 and you receive a posting message.

Thank you lads (and lasses)!
Is there a way to know how much your quarters and rations will be while you're on BMQ and @BORDEN For training?

cheers

ubique89 said:
Is there a way to know how much your quarters and rations will be while you're on BMQ and @BORDEN For training?

cheers

If you're married/common-law or have dependents, you will only pay for Rations while in BMQ and QL3. I can't remember how much it was, I recall it being about $600/month.

If you're single, R&Q at Borden was about $700-$800/month. 600 for rations and about $94/month for quarters.

ubique89 said:

cheers

Private Pay incentive: Monthly pay during BMQ is 2,985.00. After Pension, income tax, supplementary death benefit, insurance, EI, PPIP, rations and quarters fees - Net pay for Married/common law is 1,529.26 and Single is 1,427.99

Like above: ROTP is 1,667.00. Net pay for Married/common law is $821.98 and Single is $699.81.
                Ocdt DEO is 4,083.00. Net pay for Married/common law is $2,355.42 and Single is $2,233.25.
                Ocdt CEOTP is 3,011.00. Net pay for Married/common law is $1,544.60 and Single is $1,422.43.

Anyone know why the local recruiting center is not returning calls? I got my offer on the 20th and accepted it within 3 hours of getting it. However, I have not heard anything back yet. I am a little worried as it has been over 2 weeks at this point. Is it just because everyone is on vacation? I'm worried my recruiter will come back on the 7th of January and see my email from two weeks ago and will say "ah darn I missed that one. Oh well, too bad for the kid as it is now past the 2 week period we gave him to accept the letter. Better luck on future endeavours "

GermanWolf said:
Anyone know why the local recruiting center is not returning calls? I got my offer on the 20th and accepted it within 3 hours of getting it. However, I have not heard anything back yet. I am a little worried as it has been over 2 weeks at this point. Is it just because everyone is on vacation? I'm worried my recruiter will come back on the 7th of January and see my email from two weeks ago and will say "ah darn I missed that one. Oh well, too bad for the kid as it is now past the 2 week period we gave him to accept the letter. Better luck on future endeavours "

Likely stood down for the holidays. Check on Monday.

If you accepted the offer on the 20th and it is time stamped you should be fine.  It is when you accepted it not when the CFRC decides to open its emails.

Anyone still waiting hear know when the next MPAC is? I heard the next date is Feb. 10/19. Just want to know if anyone else heard anything.

mphopeful19 said:
Anyone still waiting hear know when the next MPAC is? I heard the next date is Feb. 10/19. Just want to know if anyone else heard anything.
The period people may be invited to BIIs is more than one day as they get done in amongst the MPOAC assessments, so a date one person has been asked to attend may not be the same as the date for someone else. It is likely they will occur somewhere in the 13-17 Feb range though.

Thanks for all the info garb you've been a fountain of information for new recruits and people that have an OT is like myself. I've completed all the steps for my ot minus the BIIs so I'm just waiting to get an email. I'd say you'd be surprised how hard it is to find information through chains of command sometimes but you're military so you know what I mean.

Sinah said:
Thanks for all the info garb you've been a fountain of information for new recruits and people that have an OT is like myself. I've completed all the steps for my ot minus the BIIs so I'm just waiting to get an email. I'd say you'd be surprised how hard it is to find information through chains of command sometimes but you're military so you know what I mean.
You're welcome. Don't point the finger at your chain of command on this one though, they really don't have any place to turn for info on this as, although it isn't a secret, it only gets disseminated via a fairly limited audience that is mostly made up of MP and MPO.

That's fair I just meant in general not specifically about BII's more in a jest kinda way lol. I've had some pretty solid guys looking out for me.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Typically, when do the emails go out? How much notice is given? Its been about 7 months since I started the process. Very anxious to say the least. lol

Hello everybody, I'm new to this forum but you guys have provided me with tons of info so thanks for that. I'm on the same boat as Mphopeful19, does anybody know what the MPAC dates are for February? Also, at what point do they ask for your driving abstract?

Back