• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP recruiting 2017/18/19

Macgruber said:
Good stuff.

Anyone have any idea how long offers come once completed MPAC?
If you're suitable, your name then goes onto a ranked list based on how you did at MPAC.  If you are near the top of the list, chances are you will get a call from your CFRC within a few weeks with Basic following shortly thereafter. 

If you're lower down, the wait can stretch out much longer.  Some people are suitable but never get the call because if another MPAC runs before you get the call, in all probability you will be bumped down the list by people who performed better than you in the latest MPAC.  They will explain the process to you at MPAC in case something has changed.

Having said that, with the 2 "super" courses for QL3 each year, they are now taking many more direct entry MP at a time, even though it is less frequent.  That means they will go a lot farther down the list from this MPAC than what used to happen in the past when they would be running 4-5 courses of QL3 per year and the intake for each course was smaller. 

I also don't know for sure, but I would guess they are going to reduce the number of MPAC held each year (there used to be 4 a year before the super courses) to synch up with when pers are actually "needed" to go to St Jean in order to be through BMQ, BMQ-L in time for one of the QL3s starting in Jan or Aug.

garb811 said:
If you're suitable, your name then goes onto a ranked list based on how you did at MPAC.  If you are near the top of the list, chances are you will get a call from your CFRC within a few weeks with Basic following shortly thereafter. 

If you're lower down, the wait can stretch out much longer.  Some people are suitable but never get the call because if another MPAC runs before you get the call, in all probability you will be bumped down the list by people who performed better than you in the latest MPAC.  They will explain the process to you at MPAC in case something has changed.

Having said that, with the 2 "super" courses for QL3 each year, they are now taking many more direct entry MP at a time, even though it is less frequent.  That means they will go a lot farther down the list from this MPAC than what used to happen in the past when they would be running 4-5 courses of QL3 per year and the intake for each course was smaller. 

I also don't know for sure, but I would guess they are going to reduce the number of MPAC held each year (there used to be 4 a year before the super courses) to synch up with when pers are actually "needed" to go to St Jean in order to be through BMQ, BMQ-L in time for one of the QL3s starting in Jan or Aug.

Thanks for the information, makes it more clear now

You're welcome.  There are a couple of other posts here that talk about MPAC, but I realize it isn't a easy thing to get a grip on, particularly when the process has been in flux over the last year or so as the Branch tried a new way of doing things, and unless the person who you are talking to at your CFRC has dealt with MPAC before, they are unlikely to know what's going on very well either.

Curious did anyone from Western Canada receive confirmation they would be attending the MPAC on Feb 17-18?

Confirmed this afternoon for MPAC on February 18th in Borden. CFRC is Corner Brook, NL. Anyone else ?

Macgruber said:
Curious did anyone from Western Canada receive confirmation they would be attending the MPAC on Feb 17-18?

If your in western Canada be prepared to be dead last for being called to MPAC. A few guys on my QL3 here are from BC and like me where called last minute. Don't lose faith yet, just be patient. That's my best advice for the MP application.

I'm in western Canada and recieved my invitation for the 18th of Feb.

Feb 18 MPAC from Ottawa.

Did you guys notice that MPAC is only a 2hr interview?

Interesting, seems like some people are getting a 2hr interview and others are going for 2 days at Borden...

Hello,

I'm new here but have been following this sub section for the last 4-5 months. I applied to the military police position back in July 2017 approx. I finished my Interview and Medical here at new westminster recruiting center in Vancouver back in November. I'm just curious what everyone's timeline looks like from start of the application to finish. Last I heard was today asking for a updated address to my drivers license. What would typically be the next step if everything goes well?

Edit- I forgot to mention when they interviewed me asking where I like to be placed I'd mentioned airforce. Is there normally a choice which province/base you'd be stationed? I prefer to be close to Vancouver e.g Comox, Victoria etc. and I know there is a possibility of deployment however I'm curious to know if I could live and work close to family.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hsinom said:
Hello,

I'm new here but have been following this sub section for the last 4-5 months. I applied to the military police position back in July 2017 approx. I finished my Interview and Medical here at new westminster recruiting center in Vancouver back in November. I'm just curious what everyone's timeline looks like from start of the application to finish. Last I heard was today asking for a updated address to my drivers license. What would typically be the next step if everything goes well?

Edit- I forgot to mention when they interviewed me asking where I like to be placed I'd mentioned airforce. Is there normally a choice which province/base you'd be stationed? I prefer to be close to Vancouver e.g Comox, Victoria etc. and I know there is a possibility of deployment however I'm curious to know if I could live and work close to family.

Any help is much appreciated.

You will be posted where the CF needs you, you have the option of picking where you'd LIKE to go but inevitably it is where they need you. Your element has no bearing on where you're posted in any purple trade in the CF. Search the forums, all these questions have been answered multiple times before...good luck.

Hey guys, long time reader. Just looking to see if anyone has an idea on how long it takes for an offer to trickle down from the selection board to the local CFRC? With a selection coming up on the 14th, I'm just curious on how soon I could hear something if successful. Also, anyone know whether the Aug. QL3 is full yet? Ideally I do BMQ this spring, maybe SQ and then hop on the Aug. QL3 and not have to sit on PAT for 6 months.

It can take anywhere from a few days to a few months to never, depending on where you place on the ranking list.  Very attractive candidates get the call first, borderline ones sit and wait.

All the recruiting activity going on for people in the final stages is to line them up for the August courses, so yes, ideally it would be a quick notification, then BMQ, BMQ-L, brief stint on OJE somewhere (probably near where you were recruited) then the August start for QL3 with you on the road in January 2019.

Back