• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP recruiting 2017/18/19

Morning all!
I have a somewhat off topic question but I think I can still make ut fit this topic and save having to start a new thread:

Former MP (conscription) solder from Sweden.
Just shy of 10 years as a correctional officer both provincial and federally.
Grade 12 only, nothing else.
I'm the process for CF now, looking at Armour.
What, if any, are my options of getting over to MP?

Cheers!  ;D

Swally said:
Morning all!
I have a somewhat off topic question but I think I can still make ut fit this topic and save having to start a new thread:

Former MP (conscription) solder from Sweden.
Just shy of 10 years as a correctional officer both provincial and federally.
Grade 12 only, nothing else.
I'm the process for CF now, looking at Armour.
What, if any, are my options of getting over to MP?

Cheers!  ;D

Without a diploma in police foundations or equivalent from an accredited college your options for becoming an MP are either join the armoured corps and after a few years apply for an occupational transfer to MP if you can.  You can also get a college diploma in police foundations or equivalent and then apply to join as an MP.

ExRCDcpl said:
Without a diploma in police foundations or equivalent from an accredited college your options for becoming an MP are either join the armoured corps and after a few years apply for an occupational transfer to MP if you can.  You can also get a college diploma in police foundations or equivalent and then apply to join as an MP.

Transfers are tough too, you either need a portion of the education and an operational tour of 180 days, or the full educational requirement.

Yeah I'm looking at what I can do online once I'm in, and the do the transfer.

Lunchmeat, could you elaborate a little on portion the educational requirements and the 180 tour.
Never heard that, so it's nice to see there are options.

Swally said:

Lunchmeat, could you elaborate a little on portion the educational requirements and the 180 tour.

When I OT'd the requirements if you didn't have police foundations were you either had to be PLQ qualified OR have an operational tour with at least 180 days spent in theatre

Swally said:

The current standard for an Occupational Transfer is:

Ideal

Approved diploma or an approved degree AND a valid driver's license.

Acceptable

Secondary school graduation certificate or a secondary V certificate of Quebec AND Two full courses from any program from an approved post-secondary institution OR Two university credit courses completed (in Quebec, four (4) university courses of three (3) credits) in an approved area (Criminal Justice, Criminology, Emergency/Crisis and Disaster Management, Justice Studies, Law, Police Science/Studies, Psychology, Sécurité Publique (Quebec), Sociology.) AND a valid driver's license.

Secondary school graduation certificate or a secondary V certificate of Quebec AND a valid drivers license AND Deployed operational experience (international or domestic) of at leastsix (6) months cumulative OR Must be qualified as a Close Protection Operative (AGGB).

Please note that these standards are reviewed yearly during the Annual Military Occupation Review and may not be what is required when you are eligible to submit an OT request.

WEng87 said:
Holy Crap.... a year?  I put mine in at the deadline lol, the academy has been contacting my references and my old supervisors....  just waiting on word on an MPAC. Have you heard anything at all?

Yup put my application in December 2016 for my OT and yesterday I just got a message asking for my background check forms to be handed in to the recruiting cell. Luckily I'm in a good trade right now and I am still getting sent on cool taskings so I honestly can't complain that much. If I was in a holding platoon it would be a totally different story. I think the best thing to come out of the wait was I have had over a year to change my mind and I havn't thought about doing it once so its great reassurance.

danteh said:
Yup put my application in December 2016 for my OT and yesterday I just got a message asking for my background check forms to be handed in to the recruiting cell. Luckily I'm in a good trade right now and I am still getting sent on cool taskings so I honestly can't complain that much. If I was in a holding platoon it would be a totally different story. I think the best thing to come out of the wait was I have had over a year to change my mind and I havn't thought about doing it once so its great reassurance.

Well I guess I shouldn’t be holding my breath on hearing anything any time soon...  my application got to Ottawa in Oct and the MP Academy started calling my references in early Nov. I was hoping things were moving along smoothly, but you were waiting for over a year before you heard anything.  But I’m in the same boat as you, I enjoy the trade I’m in.

Hey all, first time posting.

I was found 'suitable' for MP a few days back and moving forward in the process. I was told by my MCC that I should hear back in 6-7 weeks for MPAC.

Is this normally how long it takes? I'm super impatient, haha.

I'm also seeing in other forum posts that it truly is MPAC again, and not a BII. Should be interesting for sure!

Might be around these forums a bit more asking questions in the near future. See you around!

WestCoastOntarian said:
Hey all, first time posting.

I was found 'suitable' for MP a few days back and moving forward in the process. I was told by my MCC that I should hear back in 6-7 weeks for MPAC.

Is this normally how long it takes? I'm super impatient, haha.

I'm also seeing in other forum posts that it truly is MPAC again, and not a BII. Should be interesting for sure!

Might be around these forums a bit more asking questions in the near future. See you around!

Im in the same boat as you, as a returning member. Ive read on here and was told by my mcc that mid Feb was the next mpacc..whether or not that means Ill be on it remains to be seen lol. Hurry up and wait is a common term used in the Miliary..you'll see why! Hang in there.

I was contacted by my CFRC a few days ago. They said next MPAC is scheduled for Feb 17&18, 2018. They are aiming to send out invitations to attend starting next week. Best of luck!

EpicBeardedMan said:
Im in the same boat as you, as a returning member. Ive read on here and was told by my mcc that mid Feb was the next mpacc..whether or not that means Ill be on it remains to be seen lol. Hurry up and wait is a common term used in the Miliary..you'll see why! Hang in there.

That's funny, I was gonna include the "hurry up and wait" in my last post. My best friend is finishing up at RMCC right now and told me that a few years back haha.

Thanks for the info DMC2012. That would be great to get the call for the 17th and 18th. Keeping my fingers crossed.

It's a. Perennial answer, but... don't sweat the small stuff.

WWWdBI ?
What Would We do Before Internet?

Just curious if anyone has any updates on the next MPAC?

Anyone get confirmations yet?

I was given verbal confirmation by my recruiter that I'll be going to MPAC on FEB 17 and 18 in Borden.

Gazoo362 said:
I was given verbal confirmation by my recruiter that I'll be going to MPAC on FEB 17 and 18 in Borden.

Congrats, how long ago were you given the verbal?

Macgruber said:
Congrats, how long ago were you given the verbal?

About a week and a half ago when I called to see if there was any update on my file

Not sure whats going on with my file, called today to see if there was any news on the mpac...was told by the sgt at the desk that I have to wait for an MP interview? Thought they did away with those? Doubt ill be on this upcoming MPAC, doesnt sound like anyone at the CFRC can give me a definitive answer on whats going on.

Back