• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Monthly Pay after deductions - Questions [Merged]

This info is very dated (2007) so I was reluctant to post it, but...my ex was a DEO NO who was a RN BScN when she enrolled.  I'm going from memory and this was over a decade ago now, so please be aware this could be totally different from the way it is today. 

- at St-Jean, she did BMOQ (IAP-BOTP back then) as an OCdt and was paid OCdt during Basic;

- on graduating BMOQ, she was promoted to Lt, and received back pay from enrolment date to the last day of BMOQ as a 2Lt. 

- she began receiving Lt pay the day after BMOQ was complete.  Back then, most DEOs went right onto 2nd Language Training and her BNOC was 6-7 months after that was complete.

If you take a look at the Officers Pay Rates, it states:

General Service Officers - monthly rates of pay (in dollars)

Pay notes
1. To determine your appropriate pay level please reference CBI 204.211
2. Pay levels are determined based on the following entry plans to the Canadian Armed Forces:
◦Level C - Direct Entry Officer (DEO)

You can take a look thru the CBI referenced above but it might be more confusing than helpful.  8)

I've attached a pic to show which 2Lt and Lt pay rates are currently used.  Specifically to your question "will you pay reflect your experience as a nurse"; yes...assuming the DEO NO entry program still includes back day for 2Lt during Basic (once complete) and the promotion to Lt directly after graduating BMOQ.

I can't tell you if the DEO NO training and pay schemes still works that way;  maybe you could post a question in The Recruiting Process board?  That board is moderated by current recruiters who should have the latest and greatest information.

Good luck with your application if you pursue the CAF!

Attachments

• DEO 2Lt and Lt rates.jpg
    DEO 2Lt and Lt rates.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 193
So my understanding is that during basic I would be paid as an officer cadet- so ~$2100 a month and then I've been told that once I've graduated basic that I get promoted to captain because I already have my RN and NCLEX done.  (Please correct me if I'm wrong)
I've never heard of a nurse being promoted directly to Capt due to previous experience. I remember the specific nurse that EITS is talking about...to the best of my recollection he is correct.

And does my previous civilian nursing experience put me on a higher pay increment starting out? Or does only military experience affect that?
When you do enroll, talk to the recruiting centre about your previous experience. They may offer a deal...I've heard of it happening before but not very often. Chances are, if you have worked on the civilian side for a while, you are going to take a pay cut moving over to the CAF. I understand that cash flow and lifestyle are important but you can't join the CAF to get rich, it just won't happen.

what are the chances of getting posted back to where you come from after basic and all your training is done?
Where are you from? If you are in Edmonton, Ottawa, Halifax, Montreal, Petawawa, Valcartier or Vancouver there is a chance you might get to go home. Outside of those cities your odds are pretty slim.

I hope that helps. RT

Eye In The Sky said:
Pay notes
1. To determine your appropriate pay level please reference CBI 204.211
2. Pay levels are determined bas
You can take a look thru the CBI referenced above but it might be more confusing than helpful.  8)

Very confusing. Lol. But your explanation helped.

I've attached a pic to show which 2Lt and Lt pay rates are currently used.  Specifically to your question "will you pay reflect your experience as a nurse"; yes...assuming the DEO NO entry program still includes back day for 2Lt during Basic (once complete) and the promotion to Lt directly after graduating BMOQ.

I can't tell you if the DEO NO training and pay schemes still works that way;  maybe you could post a question in The Recruiting Process board?  That board is moderated by current recruiters who should have the latest and greatest information.
thank you I'll check it out

Good luck with your application if you pursue the CAF!

Thank you so much!

RubberTree said:
I've never heard of a nurse being promoted directly to Capt due to previous experience. I remember the specific nurse that EITS is talking about...to the best of my recollection he is correct.

Thank you for the clarification

When you do enroll, talk to the recruiting centre about your previous experience. They may offer a deal...I've heard of it happening before but not very often. Chances are, if you have worked on the civilian side for a while, you are going to take a pay cut moving over to the CAF. I understand that cash flow and lifestyle are important but you can't join the CAF to get rich, it just won't happen.
I don't expect to get rich (lol but if that was an option I'd take it!) I'm more concerned with the pay cut and being able to afford my mortgage... I know in the long run NOs make slightly more than their civilian counterparts and the experience is worth so much, but just worried about the inbetween time when I'm making almost half what I currently do.

Where are you from? If you are in Edmonton, Ottawa, Halifax, Montreal, Petawawa, Valcartier or Vancouver there is a chance you might get to go home. Outside of those cities your odds are pretty slim.
I'm from Gagetown

I hope that helps. RT
Yes so much help! Thank you!!

Back