• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mobile Support Equipment Operator (MSE Op) [Merged]

Pickle Rick said:
Haven’t heard of it, I’m not sure whatever driver wheel course you did while on PAT Pl will write off QL3 MSE Op.

What about a 6 month driving program that I did that covered heavy equipment, transport trucks, coach buses and school buses civvie side that gave me certificates and a full license for everything on the road? No need to be so passive aggressive, jesus.

EpicBeardedMan said:
What about a 6 month driving program that I did that covered heavy equipment, transport trucks, coach buses and school buses civvie side that gave me certificates and a full license for everything on the road? No need to be so passive aggressive, jesus.

Who knows....give it a try...

EpicBeardedMan said:
What about a 6 month driving program that I did that covered heavy equipment, transport trucks, coach buses and school buses civvie side that gave me certificates and a full license for everything on the road?

No idea, like NFLD Sapper said, try for it and see what happens.

EpicBeardedMan said:
No need to be so passive aggressive, jesus.

That was not intended to come off as passive aggressive.  No information was given with regarding what you have to support a PLAR, so I assumed you wanted a driver wheel course to support a PLAR on its own.  Original reply has been edited to properly convey what I intended. 

I have seen one case where, due to previous military experience and civilian quals, a member who OT'd was granted his QL3. On the equipment itself, you'll still need to prove to a Driver Examiner you are proficient and pass the written/practical tests to be granted the qual on your 404s. If you have a log book, documenting all your hours etc., this will go a long way.

Hey guys.
My OT/ct has finally gone through for MSE Op. I start 29 mar but i was told I have missed the next course. Can anyone tell me the next running courses that are open? My broker told me he will try and get me on OJT at my unit until course, since i have a wife and kids.
TIA!

Latest 18-19 course calendar for CFLTC shows a QL3 MSE Op - English starting in late May.

captloadie said:
I have seen one case where, due to previous military experience and civilian quals, a member who OT'd was granted his QL3. On the equipment itself, you'll still need to prove to a Driver Examiner you are proficient and pass the written/practical tests to be granted the qual on your 404s. If you have a log book, documenting all your hours etc., this will go a long way.

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately most of my driving experience was under eLogs so I have no physical copies which sucks. I'm not too chuffed about not getting credit..having a leg up on double clutching and that stuff is enough on it's own I suppose.

Hi everyone, I am trying to get a hold of the MSE Op Flag file. The one with the horse and tractor on it. I would like to get the original vector file, if not a high-quality raster image that I could convert to a vector would also work.

Hey everyone, hope you are having a good day.

This past week I received a job offer for a mobile support equipment operator, ,after a rather swift recruiting process.

As of currently I am pretty torn on if I should take or not as in January I enrolled in a college program that I think would lead to a good enjoyable career, but potentially with less possibility of getting job upon graduation.

Now with the MSE Op, what attracted me to it was the wide array of certifications and experience you would get that would be translatable to the civilian market, as well as for lack of a better word, looking like a really cool & interesting job itself.

So I am looking to hear personal experiences form MSE Op's, what is your life like, how much do you travel, what equipment have you driven, there is not a lot of information on people who have gone through the trade, and I am looking to get some information that could maybe help me make a decision

I was an MSE Op in the PRes. Loved the trade. Loved the RCASC. Later, the Logistics Branch.

Most of my time was on the M135. ( Retired ).

The training and experience was relevant to my full-time career.

See also,

MSE Op Training [MERGED]
https://army.ca/forums/threads/115328.0

DP1 MSE Op Questions

What DND 404 Licence, would you get after doing the course?

What is it civilian equivalent, like a Class 5 or higher? 

DND 404 is your military driver's licence.  It allows you to drive vehicles you are qualified on.  As there are multiple classes of vehicles in the CAF, there really is no civilian equivalent. 

With the change to the current DND 404, some provinces will now recognise civilian equivalencies.
On the back of your 404s, if you have, for example: Truck, trailer, and boat = class 5. If you have some heavy equipment endorsements, those will be transferred, in some provinces.

I know Ontario and Alberta DMV have systems in place to recognise 404 quals.

kratz said:
With the change to the current DND 404, some provinces will now recognise civilian equivalencies.
On the back of your 404s, if you have, for example: Truck, trailer, and boat = class 5. If you have some heavy equipment endorsements, those will be transferred, in some provinces.

NFLD is another...

kratz said:

Thank you, that short of answers my question however what vehicles that you learn to drive/become qualified  DP1 MSE Op

Any MSE ops willing to answer a few questions I have? About to throw my preferences in for my first positing just want some vet advice!

Hey Mate

There is an entire thread dedicated to MSE ops that you may wish to purview before posting.

To tired to look for it for you, right now. But do take a gander at it. May benefit you a lot :)

All the best and good luck 👍
Abdullah

P.s okay it bit me i went and found it for ya.
https://army.ca/forums/threads/18519.0.html

Is the training course as strict as the Infantry DP1? or is it more lade back? ( I remember a trade forgot which one, but they got weekends off and there course staff where last strict )

TheSnake said:
Is the training course as strict as the Infantry DP1? or is it more lade back?

I don't know. That was not the criteria I based my choice on.

I picked MSE Op ( PRes ) because that was the trade I wanted.

Back