• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Police Assessment Centre (MPAC)

M

MPwannabee

Can anyone give me some more info of what goes on at an MPAC?  Is it just things like interviews, tests, polygraph, stuff like that?

Don't even bother asking around.  This information is kept very secret.  Basically be ready for everything and anything.

There will not be any polygraphs but that doesn't mean it is open season for lying.  I heard of guys who went all the way through the MP recruiting stage, made it to BMQ and then got kicked out because of a lie during the recruiting stage.

i was on the Canadian Forces Recruiting site i was reading through the requirements for acceptance into the military police trade...and before everyone starts yelling at me about making a new post where there r other ones ont he same topic...i don't want to know wats involved in the MP training...i have a pretty good idea about what happens when you get to Borden for the CFMPA. but while i was browsing through the "qualification requirements" section and it metions that in order to actually attend the MP training you have to get through something called a "MPAC". now what it exactly says on the site is that:

"Following the initial screening, all eligible candidates will attend a career orientation and undergo aptitude assessment at a Military Police Assessment Centre (MPAC), to ensure that they have a realistic view of the Military Police occupation and the potential to succeed."

what i am wondering is what kind of tests are administered at the MPAC. just to be better prepared as becoming an MP has been one of my life long dreams and i want to b as prepared as possible to make the selection process easier.

Any information would be great
Nate

OUCH!!! lmao

Oh well.

Good luck for those who will try agian next year...

Till then

take care guys

SImon

I would just like to bring this topic to the top because I'm looking for the same answer. Thanks everyone.

"Following the initial screening, all eligible candidates will attend a career orientation and undergo aptitude assessment at a Military Police Assessment Centre (MPAC), to ensure that they have a realistic view of the Military Police occupation and the potential to succeed."

That is all the details you will get and now you know why it wasn't answered the first time.

this is the info I received from a recruiter!

35 are suppose to be hired before 01 Apr 06.  Depends where on the wait list you are and how many of the selected people change their minds.

I hope its gonna be 50/50 french and english!!! we will see in2 months!

what will happen if you dont pass it? will you get kicked out of the military or you will be offered your second or third choice?

DeltaMike said:
what will happen if you dont pass it? will you get kicked out of the military or you will be offered your second or third choice?

Are you in the military?

If you have 2nd and third choices you may be considered for them during the normal merit listing and selection process?

MPAC.... I'm very curious
I understand not much... if any information can be given on it; however, I was wondering if anyone could answer this:
(more of a question about the selection process than MPAC)

From my understanding (and please correct me if I'm wrong) First you must pass your CFAT, Medical, PT, First Interview, Second (Board) Interview, then if you are successful you will be sent to MPAC. From that point you are evaluated at MPAC and rated compaired to the other applicants that are at MPAC with you. (Ex. 1st place 9th place....) and then depending on how many positions are available for MP, the top rated applicants go onto Basic Training while the rest of the Applicants go onto a waiting list where they will then be compaired to future MPAC applicants and if their rating is not greater than those applicants they move further and further down the list each time an MPAC is held  :eek: < ----- I'm really not sure if this last statement is true... if someone could confirm or correct me... that would be great.

Anyways now that you know whats running through my head, heres my question:
When you are rated at MPAC, is it ONLY your performance while at MPAC that is considered (which will then completely/solely decide if you get hired or not) or will other information still be considered that was used earlier in the application process such as: relevant work experience, volunteer work, school grades, how well your first and second interview went and so on?

Brandon

FAULK said:
MPAC.... I'm very curious
I understand not much... if any information can be given on it; however, I was wondering if anyone could answer this:
(more of a question about the selection process than MPAC)

From my understanding (and please correct me if I'm wrong) First you must pass your CFAT, Medical, PT, First Interview, Second (Board) Interview, then if you are successful you will be sent to MPAC. From that point you are evaluated at MPAC and rated compaired to the other applicants that are at MPAC with you. (Ex. 1st place 9th place....) and then depending on how many positions are available for MP, the top rated applicants go onto Basic Training while the rest of the Applicants go onto a waiting list where they will then be compaired to future MPAC applicants and if their rating is not greater than those applicants they move further and further down the list each time an MPAC is held   :eek: < ----- I'm really not sure if this last statement is true... if someone could confirm or correct me... that would be great.

Anyways now that you know whats running through my head, heres my question:
When you are rated at MPAC, is it ONLY your performance while at MPAC that is considered (which will then completely/solely decide if you get hired or not) or will other information still be considered that was used earlier in the application process such as: relevant work experience, volunteer work, school grades, how well your first and second interview went and so on?

Brandon

A very good understanding except that you do not have a second board interview. If determined to be eligible you file is sent to a pre-MPAC selection board where it is assessed against all the other MP files and if competitive then you are selected to attend the MPAC.  All you need to know and all you will get is that you are further assessed on many different aspects and may be subject to further testing at the MPAC.

I just got finished as a member of one of the MPOAC/MPAC - it is a very competitive process, lasting 3/4 days, where you undergo interviews, scenarios, tests and other screening in order to ensure that the branch has first-class entrants. It was my first time as an assessor, and it was definitely a great experience - when I went through we didn't have the MPOAC, so to see what is in place now and to experience it first-hand as one of the assessors was definitely one of the more fun things I've done as an MPO.

MPO81
:cdn:

A little old but it might help alleviate some of your concerns.

Source: http://www.forces.gc.ca/hr/cfpn/engraph/1_03/1_03_dhrre-matchmaking_e.asp

MP Candidates Assessed in New Centres

Historically, DHRRE has helped the MP Branch select the best and brightest candidates for its NCM and officer occupations. In 2002, a DHRRE research team, formed to examine the existing MP selection system to ensure its viability, decided to incorporate several new assessment tools in order to combine the best practices of military and civilian police selection. The team worked to ensure the new centres—the Military Police Assessment Centre (MPAC) for NCMs, and the Military Police Officer Assessment Centre (MPOAC)—conform to processes sanctioned by the International Congress on Assessment Centre Methods.

Both centres operate with four main components: assessor training; candidate assessments; orientation; and a selection board. Each component is seen as integral to the success of the selection process. In keeping with International Congress on Assessment Centre Methods guidelines, assessments are based on competencies deemed essential to the respective occupations. Assessors are trained to assess competencies using multiple assessment tools, and several assessors observe the candidates. No assessor rates any candidate more than once. Candidates' scores are compiled and combined to provide a more holistic view.

The new MPAC was implemented in May 2002, and utilizes a number of tools such as a group dynamics exercise, a role-play, a structured interview, a background/integrity interview, and a skills test. The centre is set up so that every MP competency is tapped at least twice, each time using a different method. The MPOAC was introduced in October 2002. It, too, utilizes tools including a group dynamics exercise, two role-plays, a structured interview, a background/integrity interview, a management issues exercise, and an
in-basket exercise.

This might help you prepare:
http://www.rcmp.ca/recruiting/rmsig_e.pdf

Candidates, successful or not, are not allowed to disclose details of the MPAC as per a confidentiality agreement regarding the process.  Even obtaining an in depth breakdown of the process will not assist you at the MPAC.  You are what they are looking for or you are not.  Having some first hand knowledge will actually steer you in the wrong direction.  The MPAC assesses you on certain traits, qualities etc. 
Just be yourself and don't try to be someone you're not.  The assessors will pick up on you if you are trying to 'act' like someone your not.
If you are interested in questioning somebody about the process speak to the recruiting office, not a MP detachment.  The det. has nothing to do with the hiring process.  But if you have questions on what the job is like and such, that's when you may consider contacting a det. and seeing if someone will spend some time helping you out, ride-alongs etc...

Quiet Riot said:
Was wondering if anyone knew some dates for this years MPACs? 

I've been told there is one starting June 4th and another one starting June 9th. My recruitment process wasn't completed in time so it looks like I'm waiting for the September MPAC  :-\

Did anyone on here get called for one of the June MPACs? If so how long ago were you called?

This MPAC was filled with those people that were wait listed for the last one.

The only tip you need is be honest because thats all they ask of you.  And put in your all, if you have tried your hardest thats all you can do. And have a good time when you go because it is a fun process.
Good luck.

Any word on dates for the September MPAC yet?

I applied in April and these past 5 months have seemed like 5 years.

Back