• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military chaplain retires after report reveals abuse of students at his former school

Fat, disgusting? weren't those standard words in a phys-ed guys lexicon? That form of verbal abuse was standard fare in our high school. It was part of the method by which one was motivated. It is time perhaps to put a moratorium on digging up dirt. Judging the world of yesterday by today's standards is folly.

Emotional abuse? But not named, charged or anything in the lawsuit.

Leaving the CAF at 59, not unusual but maybe this whole thing put enough pressure to just walk away?
That's the big thing for me. The woman in the article tried to use the judge's decision, which specifically doesn't name him, to try and persuade the CAF to stop his posting.

That's not a great argument.

I know Gord personally and it was shocking when I read the report yesterday. He is one of the most likeable individuals I have ever met, and truly cared for those around him. Maybe he is a different man now than he was back then, or maybe the reports being put out there misrepresent who he really was, either way, it is disappointing to see the CAF lose someone of his caliber. He has had a year full of tragedy and loss, and this is one more burden for him to bare. I hope he can overcome it and rise above.

Back