• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MESO to MAR ENG

Coastalchaos

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all, I am a recently enrolled in the reserves as a MESO and am considering switching to reg force once my civilian obligations are complete.  I have read several posts about the difficulties transferring form MESO to MAR ENG but most are quite dated and mention efforts to standardize the two trades.  Has there been much progress in this area?  From what I understand the MESO trade is in very high demand right now, will that effect the likelihood of a future transfer being approved? 
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Coastalchaos said:
Hi all, I am a recently enrolled in the reserves as a MESO and am considering switching to reg force once my civilian obligations are complete.  I have read several posts about the difficulties transferring form MESO to MAR ENG but most are quite dated and mention efforts to standardize the two trades.  Has there been much progress in this area?  From what I understand the MESO trade is in very high demand right now, will that effect the likelihood of a future transfer being approved? 
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
Its in demand however if you put in a CT it won't be denied because the trade is red. Standardization is progressing at the tradesman level but haven't changed yet. Eventually you'll come in and do the same coursing at the AMOC level as the regular force or that what the end state is hoped to be. Obviously other trade levels is different as the amount of time for coursing is much longer than a MESO can give. They are looking at MAR ENG getting their AMOC's on the KINGSTON Class as a full ticket, so if you CT at some point most likely the equivalency will be good.

Minor correction there Chief. An A ticket from KIN class will not be a simple endorsement to AMOC though it will work the other way. If the numbers were high enough (and Pat had his say!), RegF and Reserve could do their AMOC (on HAL, IRO and PRO classes) and then 'endorse' to an A ticket. MARLANT will see 6 AMOCs between now and September go through this as well as 4-6 Cert 2s and even a few Cert 4s do famils.
I do know in the past CTs have taken quite some time. There is one in now for a PO2 (You probably know more of the details than I do on that one) that I am trying to track down. These things should be almost over-night turnarounds. I don't know why we insist on making things so convoluted sometimes-It is pretty frustrating from an administrative standpoint and worse I know, if you are the person waiting. I would like to see the CT process for MESO to MAR ENG accelerated dramatically. A meeting next month with the 'adults' has that as an agenda topic and I am going to see if I can drag along poor Shaun (sometimes I think he wonders what he is getting himself into!) again.

Pat

Pat in Halifax said:
Minor correction there Chief. An A ticket from KIN class will not be a simple endorsement to AMOC though it will work the other way. If the numbers were high enough (and Pat had his say!), RegF and Reserve could do their AMOC (on HAL, IRO and PRO classes) and then 'endorse' to an A ticket. MARLANT will see 6 AMOCs between now and September go through this as well as 4-6 Cert 2s and even a few Cert 4s do famils.
I do know in the past CTs have taken quite some time. There is one in now for a PO2 (You probably know more of the details than I do on that one) that I am trying to track down. These things should be almost over-night turnarounds. I don't know why we insist on making things so convoluted sometimes-It is pretty frustrating from an administrative standpoint and worse I know, if you are the person waiting. I would like to see the CT process for MESO to MAR ENG accelerated dramatically. A meeting next month with the 'adults' has that as an agenda topic and I am going to see if I can drag along poor Shaun (sometimes I think he wonders what he is getting himself into!) again.

Pat

What I meant to say if a MESO with a "A" ticket transfers over to the regs, his KINGSTON Class ticket should theoretically still be good and very well might end up back on the class. I might as well mention that we did send 2 "A" Tickets to CPF's a while back and they did very well and were well on their way towards their AMOC's, so they are capable of grasping the training which is a positive thing. Interesting about a possible accelerated CT process, many MESO's do not typically transfer to the MAR ENG, most actually transfer to the airforce. If done right, many MESO's would make the jump over to the MAR ENG trade, which would be a positive thing for a trade that losing quite a few people. I guess it depends on recognizing the training and experience the MESO brings to the table.

Thanks for the prompt replies.  I will be very interested to know how the meeting next month works out.  I am still very early in my career and looking forward to turning it full time.

Back