• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Merit list & departure dates

shylagr

Inactive
Reaction score
I am already in the military and can remember exactly how my process went from walking into the recruiting center, to being sent to BMQ. A friend of mine is currently on the waiting list and has been told hes safe from any trade closures and is just waiting to be picked up by a platoon. Now for me at that point i was given a date, it was about 4 months down the road when they told me, but at least i had a date. He however has not been given any information, and has not even been allowed to speak to his file manager. The civilian secretary has been nothing but rude and not very helpful.

To verify the process i called the recruiting center in my city, the one i went through, and they confirmed that i was indeed right and he was being kept in the dark.

Now, how exactly does he find out this information? he was told originally that he would be sent off within a few weeks and that was months ago. Because of this he can now only work cash jobs and the like because the other companies in his area require him to sign a contract. Even if hes not being sent off for a year he would just like to know his date.

Is there a person or an office that can give him a rough idea?

I guess, your friend, by refusing employments contracts, was very confident that he will be selected into the CF. However, I would recommend that always keep a backup plan in case his application does not turn out as expected. (You know, just in case)

I would, therefore, suggest that your friend should sign an employment contract. (+)If your friend indeed is accepted into CF within the three months probation period of his employment, he has the full rights to quit his job. (+)If unfortunately, he isn't accepted into the CF, he at least has a job and may not be as disappointed as he invests all into one basket. (-)If he is accepted into the CF passing the three months probation period, it will be his choice to make depending if he prefers his current job or the CF. This will be a trickier outcome.

For the above three possibilities, you can see there are two positive outcomes and one negative outcome. That gives 66% favouring him. If you does not sign the employment contract and put all hope into one (either accepted or not accepted), he will get 50% favouring him.

Please note this is just a simple analysis which all outcomes are assumed to be mutually exclusive and do not take into the consideration of how likely your friend will be accepted into the CF.

Hope your friend will find this helpful.

Cheers! 

Nauticus said:
Why doesn't he go in person to see the file manager?

they will not let him speak to a file manager, he cant get past the front desk where they tell him to stop asking and they will call him.

In my opinion there are some options:
1.To contact person who had interview with him at  local CFRC.
2.According Canadian Law about Access to personal information he can contact DND in Ottawa to get copy of his file.

sky777 said:
In my opinion there are some options:
1.To contact person who had interview with him at  local CFRC.
2.According Canadian Law about Access to personal information he can contact DND in Ottawa to get copy of his file.

When it would come to contacting Ottawa, who exactly should he talk too?

Russty said:
When it would come to contacting Ottawa, who exactly should he talk too?
I am not sure exactly what  procedure is but you can get information about  Ottawa here
http://www.admfincs-smafinsm.forces.gc.ca/aip/index-eng.asp
http://www.admfincs-smafinsm.forces.gc.ca/aip/contacts-cn-eng.asp
Before contact them  (Ottawa) try to get information from local CFRC.I think they can give information.
Good luck!

sky777 said:
I am not sure exactly what  procedure is but you can get information about  Ottawa here
http://www.admfincs-smafinsm.forces.gc.ca/aip/index-eng.asp
http://www.admfincs-smafinsm.forces.gc.ca/aip/contacts-cn-eng.asp
Before contact them  (Ottawa) try to get information from local CFRC.I think they can give information.
Good luck!

Thank you very much, i will be sure to pass this information on.

Back