• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MEL's

Ignatius

Reaction score
I have a question about MEL's and employability. I don't want to get too in-depth, but would like some insight in basic terms or whatever guidance someone can provide me. If I go ahead with a VAC claim for Adjustment Disorder / Anxiety as a Class A Reservist can I still be employable? I fully wish to continue to be employed. VAC told me it does not impact my employment, but I would like more info before I start the ball rolling on this. Would it affect my MEL's or whatever seeing I only deal with Civilian Doctor's and not the Military Health system? Basically, what I am trying to say is can I start this VAC claim and subsequent OSI Clinic process and not worry about being let go?

yes you should be ok, the only time this would be a issue for you is if you allow access to your med docs to your military doctor but you don't have to do that as a reservist, think of VAC claim as a independent from your military med docs the only time it becomes anything is if you bring it up with your military doctor. hope this helps.

yes you should be ok, the only time this would be a issue for you is if you allow access to your med docs to your military doctor but you don't have to do that as a reservist, think of VAC claim as a independent from your military med docs the only time it becomes anything is if you bring it up with your military doctor. hope this helps.
Thanks for the helpful advice. I appreciate it.

Back