• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medium Support Vehicle System

And the industry consultation is done for the moment - more from the PWGSC Info-machine:
The Honourable Rona Ambrose, Minister of Public Works and Government Services and Minister for Status of Women, and the Honourable Bernard Valcourt, Associate Minister of National Defence and Minister of State (Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency) (La Francophonie), are pleased to announce the completion of one-on-one consultation meetings with military truck manufacturers for the Standard Military Pattern (SMP) component of the Medium Support Vehicle System (MSVS) project.

“Engaging industry is part of our smart procurement approach,” said Minister Ambrose. “In working closely with industry, our Government will ensure the best value for Canadian taxpayers, while providing the Canadian Armed Forces with the equipment and capability they need to do their jobs.”

Public Works and Government Services Canada and the Department of National Defence met with industry between January 17 and 23 in the National Capital Region, as part of the first step in preparing for re-issuing of the SMP Request for Proposals (RFP).

The Government of Canada has consulted with industry in order to ensure industry input prior to re-issuing the RFP.

The Government of Canada will now analyze the information obtained from the consultation process in the finalization of the SMP RFP. The intent is to issue the RFP following the consultation process and implementation of the RFP amendments as considered appropriate ....

Sun Media's take on the latest step:
Taking another step toward buying a new fleet of more than 1,000 military transport trucks, the feds have completed their one-on-one meetings with eight undisclosed companies about the purchase.

"In working closely with industry, our government will ensure the best value for Canadian taxpayers, while providing the Canadian Armed Forces with the equipment and capability they need to do their jobs," Public Works Minister Rona Ambrose said in a statement.

Government officials say they'll analyze the industry feedback before kicking off a request for bids, but they don't know when the contract competition will start.

The project is complex, with the military seeking five variants of the trucks, along with associated equipment and maintenance service for the life of the vehicles ....

The rear glad hands of the MSVS. This needs addressed I have seen this several times now but when it breaks off in your hand taking of the coupler to the glad hand. this was today trying to get trailers hooked up for Ex this week. Get rid of the brass and have the glad hand recessed back under the truck so troops stop using it as a foot rest to get up in the truck, and items that fall on to them as well.

FEEOP042 said:
The rear glad hands of the MSVS. This needs addressed I have seen this several times now but when it breaks off in your hand taking of the coupler to the glad hand. this was today trying to get trailers hooked up for Ex this week. Get rid of the brass and have the glad hand recessed back under the truck so troops stop using it as a foot rest to get up in the truck, and items that fall on to them as well.

That is laziness of the troops  ;D and IIRC most of the Cago/TCV variants have had the tailgates modified to be like those on the HL now....

But if you recess them even further into the truck I don't think our current length of airlines on the trailers would reach.....

Beavertails yes..... the other ones like from the ML's I don't think so....

When logged into the DWAN, go to the Capabilty Investment Database (CID), use MSVS as a keyword search and read away.  Right click print and there will be plenty of shitter reading material.

In case anyone is interested, the RFP for MSVS SMP was released yesterday. 

https://buyandsell.gc.ca/procurement-data/tender-notice/PW-BW-008-23908

Does anyone know if any of the kitted SEV shelters have been delivered yet?  I thought that was supposed to start in early 2013.

Carbon-14 said:
Does anyone know if any of the kitted SEV shelters have been delivered yet?  I thought that was supposed to start in early 2013.

I haven't seen any yet, but I have seen some traffic on what out of the old shelters needs to go into the new ones.  For me this was about ECL items for Maint shelters, and whether we need things that have gone obsolete etc.  Since I'm getting these emails I'm going to assume that the shelters are on the way soon but that kitting them on the inside is still ongoing.

Not that it matters as we will have shelters for vehicles that are 2 years away :-/  And I have a hard time moving my seacans to WX all the time, let alone a bunch of new shelters :-/

George Wallace said:
Are those the ones that DEW is producing?

Yes I believe so, though I'm not in Ottawa anymore, so my knowledge is second hand now.

Yes as I understand it, DEW is producing the SEV baseline shelters and then there's a separate contract for kitting.  I'm not sure who won that contract but it may have been DEW as well.

Back