• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical Release ( merged )

Mediman14 said:
Hello All,
  Does a Medical Release take priority over a VR. Situation, DMed Pol Mel's G5 05, in order to expedite the medical decision , VR was put in with a date several months away. Asked to withdraw VR memo, nothing yet. Even if DMCA has both, does the medical out weight the VR?

I have always been of the opinion that one should not voluntarily release, if there is a potential for a medical one. There may be significant benefit implications. Notwithstanding that your release code could be changed from 4C to 3A/3B, you might still miss out on some entitlements.

If you are truly G5O5, then stick it out and take the 3A/3B.

Yes, I am truly G5 05 from DMed Pol, just awaiting the disclosure package. My CO does not support me withdrawing my VR memo, it already been sent to DMCA along with the Medical! I do realize the difference in the both, but just wondering what takes priority if all else fails!

A CO must support both types of release:
- item 4c, or
- item 3a / 3b

If you have made your intentions clear through the entire process, and the CO is supporting the opposite release option you feel is detrimental to you,
that is the classic definition for a grievance.

Dot all your T's, cross all you I's (pun) and ensure your personal efforts are above reproach. Then submit your NOI and have your grievance ready to submit prior to your release. Ensure you have written acceptance of your grievance, so it is not "lost" before your release.

My intentions where made on two separate occasions, even in front of others who was present. I was reminded that my VR is at DMCA along with my G5O5 decision from D Med Pol. I think the exact words was from higher "DMCA requested for all the paperwork", now the CoC are requesting me to sign some VR paperwork. My question is, Does a VR memo have to be with some kind of VR form? If so, what DND form number is it?

Mediman14 said:
My question is, Does a VR memo have to be with some kind of VR form? If so, what DND form number is it?

You may, or may not, find the answer to your question here,

Voluntary Release Questions 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/18252.0
4 pages.

CAF Release Memo and Format 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/122170.0

Memo for Release 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/104441.0

Release memo contents 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/117598.0

Format of Memos 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/1293.75.html
4 pages.

Need memo assistance 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/101644.75
5 pages.

DAA said:
Memo

A11222333 (Pers)

1 Jan 16

CO (thru Chain of Comd)

REQ FOR RELEASE -
A11222333 PTE RJA44

Ref:  QR&O 15.01

1.  I, A11222333 Pte RJA44 request my release from the PRes under QR&O Art 15.01, Item 4.c. for the following reasons:

a.  "state reasons here"

2.  For your appropriate review and consideration.

RJA44
Pte

Simple as that!

etc...

Can a medical release date be changed by a month or two if requested? Or is it set in stone. I know that the CDS had stated that "no soldier will be released until ready". But what does that entail?

Mediman14 said:
Can a medical release date be changed by a month or two if requested?

Delay of Release Date 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/101344.0
OP: "I am just wondering if anyone had ever heard of anyone getting a 3b medical release from the RegF asking for a change of release date, a delay of say 90 days?
If so what would be the procedure to do so, and who would the memo be address to?"

So I got paperwork back from DMedPol. Its G4O4 with lots of limitations. What does G4O4 mean? I'm also looking to waive disclosure once the advisory message is in. Anyone know how long would it take for a med release after that?

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

meni0n said:
What does G4O4 mean?

MedTech32 said:
G404 is the max without a waiver from area command accepting responsibility (the "has a pulse and can breath standard", usually granted, although there are those that have been rejected)

I need some advice. A little background to start: I'm over 70% disabled according to VAC and my 20 comes due in about a year. My problem is that I don't ever see a point where I won't be able to do my job due to my injuries. I still go to the gym almost every day and I can still out 'physical' a lot of the people half my age. Working out helps my mental health and prevents further injury. My main problem is pain, I'm in pain all day, every day but pain is easy to ignore when I need to. I can't just stop doing things because they hurt or I would literally do nothing.

The problem I have is how to turn that into a medical release? I want to move to a job that is easier on my body and mind but I will be damned if I just VR and lose all the benefits I feel my injuries warrant. I'm still trying to deal with the medical system for the pain, but short of putting me on strong pain meds, I'm not sure what they can do. How does a 'pain' related medical release work? Do I need to speak with Mental Health or just refuse to do things that hurt like a Force test? I haven't done a force test since pre pandemic (pandemic than a TCAT) but I know I would easily pass it because the Force test is a joke.

I'm not really sure what I'm asking but I am concerned I will have to VR instead of get a medical. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

My problem is that I don't ever see a point where I won't be able to do my job due to my injuries.

Pushing through whatever injuries you have won't get the result you are looking for.

The problem I have is how to turn that into a medical release? I want to move to a job that is easier on my body and mind but I will be damned if I just VR and lose all the benefits I feel my injuries warrant.

Medical releases are not guaranteed and not as easy as people think, it's not like you just ask for one. MELs and TCATs stating you can't perform your job due to your injuries is the first step. You could also talk with your unit CoC and see if you can be transferred into a 2nd line shop or office job in the meantime. Your MO will have more information.

Pushing through whatever injuries you have won't get the result you are looking for.

That is the biggest problem. I do what needs to be done, that is who I am at my core. I guess I just have to get over it and let things go undone if need be.

That is the biggest problem. I do what needs to be done, that is who I am at my core. I guess I just have to get over it and let things go undone if need be.

Injury or not, no one should be doing anything that's causing them pain. We aren't at war and things can go undone. Doing more with less is what's getting us into personnel issues.

Fine line between hard and silly/dumb - sounds a bit like you've lept over it...you'll eventually land on your face and find it's a long crawl back. We don't fix ourselves very well after a certain age, and your body will not forgive or forget the things you or others have done to it. See someone, get the rest you need/deserve and to get the ball rolling if that's what's required for a medical release item.

My $0.02 FWIW.

Back