• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical release - leave Cash Out

doggroomer

Inactive
Reaction score
Good morning Folks,

Waiting on a release date for 3b.  Wondering about how cashing out of annual leave works?  is it even possible?
I'm hoping to get approved for VRPSM, and the program I plan on taking is online.  I also only work 3hrs/day, so I really don't need to take leave until my release date.

Thanks for any information.

Cashing out leave isn't a right, it has to be for operational reasons.  You're going to get ordered to take the leave as part of your release date/last day of work calculation if you haven't taken it on your own by then.

I had to fight tooth and nail to be able to cash out my renaining leaves days when I released to pay money that I owed because someone at the OR had messed up my pay. Took me a while, wasnt easy, but if you have a good reason they might let you cash them out. Otherwise youll just need to burn them before your release date.

Like Garb said you'll be ordered to use your leave whether you're working one day a week or in school full time. Lots of people try to keep their leave and not use it. The CAF has rules and policies about it.

Also becareful you're not waiting on a release date and get hit with the surprise COT decision instead.

Jarnhamar said:
Like Garb said you'll be ordered to use your leave whether you're working one day a week or in school full time. Lots of people try to keep their leave and not use it. The CAF has rules and policies about it.

Also becareful you're not waiting on a release date and get hit with the surprise COT decision instead.

No COT in my case.  I can only work 3hrs/day in my current trade, I doubt any other trade would want me.  lol

Back