• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Med Courses??

CFMedT,

"Unfortunately the JIBC program is still not accepted in any other province except BC"

is wrong.  JIBC grads are working in Alberta, Nova Scotia, Manitoba (I believe), all three of the Territories, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Australia and New Zealand.

DF

True

We were also accepted in Saskatchewan.  Since the new PCP started being taught at JIBC, quite a few provinces accepted it.  That doesn't help the 250 or so who are posted in Ontario.  Even if you are licenced in another province, when you move here, they look at you original school and decide if you get to apply for a licence or not.  They have Red Flagged the JIBC and will not licence anyone from it.  They will not even allow you to upgrade to their program.  I think it is just a money maker.  As I have stated it is at the Collage of Paramedic right now and we should hear about something soon...  All I meant to say is that she cannot assume that she will be able to get out and keep her licence if she happens to move to Ontario.  It is also my understanding the the military is trying to have all med tech licenced in the province they are working in.  They will pay for our licences.  Money comes from MCSP in Ottawa.  Anywhoo...I am rambling.  Nice to talk to ya all.  Thanks for the reply.

MCpl DJH

Back