• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Meanwhile back at the perpetually offended tent/Infidel tattoo questions

Might be a bit different with the trades, but we also have a lots of what would be considered societies 'odds and ends'.

The size of the pay-cheque appears to decline in inverse proportion to the quantity of visible tattoos and piercings...
Declines inversely to the the quantity of visible tattoos and piercings.

You're saying as the quantity of tattoos goes up, the amount of declination goes down?
So the pay check goes up?

Unless you run your own business, just be prepared to settle for 'McJobs' ... in the back room away from the customers.
That's a little disrespectful towards people who enjoy working "McJobs", don't you think?

Some people work "McJobs" because they are recovering from instability in their lives, are limited in their capacities somehow, or just generally like it.

That's a little disrespectful towards people who enjoy working "McJobs", don't you think?

Some people work "McJobs" because they are recovering from instability in their lives, are limited in their capacities somehow, or just generally like it.
That could be true or they just might be the lower achievers.

Society is changing on that. Take a look at how people viewed long hair on men historically and how they do now. Here is a bit of evidence from 1971 that these social taboos are declining slowly.

Five Man Electric Band - Signs with Lyrics - YouTube
Not as much as you think. I work in IT which is considered as one of the most dynamic work sectors and I will tell you that its not changing that much. Ironically its the influx of foreigners/immigrants that is keeping it from changing. Its usually the "liberal" born Canadian that tends to have the "trans, tattoo, piercing, dyed hair" that have these attitudes. Since most Canadians really are mentally challenged (Education in Fluffology) and rarely are good enough to be in my neck of the labour segment the immigrant Sri Lankan's, East Indian, Eastern Europeans, Filipinos, (Asian's), Nigerians, etc, have a far different opinion of not just tattoos but general behavior and outwardly self presentation. This is why our team has less then 20% born Canadians on it, the rest including my self are foreign born.

My question to those that are saying attitudes are changing? Have you actually ever asked any one if attitudes are actually changing or is it just your own projection?

FYI
I have tattoos.

That could be true or they just might be the lower achievers.
Lots of reasons people work 'McJobs', no need to be a dick about it. They are working, so good for them.

Lots of lower achievers all over the place, and plenty 'fail upwards' once they have the right connections. There are a lot more real performance metrics used at McDonalds than most industries, and they aren't afraid to fire low achievers. Have met lots of people in high brow jobs that wouldn't last a shift at the grill/cashier/waiting tables.

Of course tattoos have nothing to do with job performance.

I always believed likeability was 90% of customer service. Depends if your customers like tattoos.

Have met lots of people in high brow jobs that wouldn't last a shift at the grill/cashier/waiting tables.
They took us out of service once for a PR stunt behind the counter at a McDonalds near Honest Ed's. My trainer was a very nice, intelligent hard working man. Very polite with me and the customers. I guess it was only a couple of hours, but felt like eight. I left there with a lot of respect for the work they do.

You know what? You're right!

I take all that back ....

I highly doubt I've ever been accused of being under a rock, yet about the only thing that could turn me off quicker then tattoos would be smoking. Its a preference, not a sentence....
I'm 26, I didn't know anyone with a tattoo or smoked until I got into the military. Me and my previous social group would never consider dating a girl with tattoo or that smoked. I did grow up in a very wealth neighborhood, and pretty religious compared to most of society. All the people I know are doctors and lawyers, engineers, there is no visible tats among them. The rougher side of house, I notice more. I think it's more divided on economic lines.

What type of behavior does such a tattoo encourage, and is that conducive to our goals?

Nothing is neutral nor inconsequential.

For some (hence "perpetually offended" in the thread's title). For others, well, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.*

* And for anyone interested, Sigmund Freud never actually said that.
IIRC correctly, cigar tubes were a far bigger threat. :cautious:

What type of behavior does such a tattoo encourage, and is that conducive to our goals?

Nothing is neutral nor inconsequential.
So by inferring that tats encourage bad behavior I reckon I should be out on the Asian Steppes, riding a Mongol pony and slaughtering entire villages.
Or at the Hot Gates stabbing Persians.

Give me a effing break.

User has been banned. There were multiple IP address changes in a short period of time that did not correspond to a legitmate Tor Browser user. Suspect they were just an online troll.

Back