• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MAR Electrician course and a few other Q's

caseproven

Inactive
Reaction score
I was just curious where the MAR electrician course is held? Or do both coasts teach it? Also, the 5 week NETP course, is that taught on both coasts as well?

Besides BMQ, NETP and the MOC course, are there any other navy courses I'd likely be put through? I heard there were other general navy courses before doing MOC training. Is that true?

Just a random question: do those in the Navy wear the same CBT boots as Army? Might be a stupid question, but I have no knowledge of ships or the navy.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Ok so first you will do BMQ probably in St-Jean sur Richelieu which last time I checked was 13-weeks, then 5 weeks for NETP held on both coasts, your Marine Electrician course is held at CFFS Esquimalt according to the recruiting website. After this you will be called QL3 qualified and will be sent to a ship for OJT.

No we don't wear the same boots, we wear what we call Sea Boots, steel toed and all that, the army combat boots and not rated with the green triangle for safety.

In addition to the basic courses NETP, and QL3, as a MarEl you will get some specific courses when you get to the ship.  One of which will be Fall Arrest Training, which will allow you to wear a harness while aloft.  Also when you get to your ship you will be required to do an OJT as well as an MCC/DCC package which will augment and cross train you for home and foreign port duty watches.
Great choice on MarEl/ET, its the BEST damn trade in the Navy!
Cheers.

Back