• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Make the rain jacket waterproof?

Or learn how to use your gear?

To paraphrase an old RSM “any idiot can be uncomfortable in the field”
Let me guess…this was said to you on your first unit ex after QL2 and you packed only issued kit as per the QL2 FTX…? ;) (A not-so-crusty sergeant may have said that to me after seeing my lack of snivel kit.)

US Army and British Gortex gear works pretty good.
No good advice that hasn't already been said. You could always buy a stealth suit from the kit shop.

US Army and British Gortex gear works pretty good.
No good advice that hasn't already been said. You could always buy a stealth suit from the kit shop.

Don’t buy a stealth suit. Go on Outdoor Research, get their 50 percent off pro deal with your military ID and buy a “crocodile brown” foray or helium. The stealth suit is super dated, fragile, and over priced.

Don’t buy a stealth suit. Go on Outdoor Research, get their 50 percent off pro deal with your military ID and buy a “crocodile brown” foray or helium. The stealth suit is super dated, fragile, and over priced.
Even then it was a niche item, as the outerwear got soaked.
I still have my top - the bottoms long since where ruined from crawling around on stuff, but it sit in one of my many Pelican boxes of old and outdated Mil kit.

When I say “embrace the suck” I mean without being uncomfortable once in a while forward progression is difficult. We all were uncomfortable at one point or another BUT it taught us valuable lessons.

Ok which old RSM? I know a few. 👍🏻
In my case it was "Uncle " Eddie Witt.

While driving through tank ruts at speed and holding your scalding hot coffee cup in your crotch. Multitasking at it's finest.
Forgot to add manning at least one radio net since they forgot to give you a codriver...and I guess I'll add navigate as well.

Search YOUTube "Rain Jackets" for product reviews.

Canadian CADPAT Clone Waterproofs - Tempest Gen 2 Rain Jacket​

Next thing you’ll be asking if marchin up and down the square isn’t good enough for me…
Nope, that's a given.
Forgot to add manning at least one radio net since they forgot to give you a codriver...and I guess I'll add navigate as well.
You mean that useless pte that was at his best when sleeping so he didn't annoy you with his nonsensical ramblings?

You mean that useless pte that was at his best when sleeping so he didn't annoy you with his nonsensical ramblings?
No, I literally mean no physical human/humanoid beside me in the cab...a more often than not thing for me. Even worse when I had a certain flight WO when attached to 408 THS that thought it was normal for an ambulance to have nobody other than the medic as the driver/codriver/navigator/signaller AND medical attendant. Was not fun as they'd stick the amb as lead vehicle in the trail packet on tactical and admin road moves, expecting me to figure out the grid reference I was at/going to via the Graham Greene method of "..the wind told me..." in the pre-GPS days of using actual maps and ded reckoning.

Back