• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lucasfilm fires 'The Mandalorian' star Gina Carano after offensive social media posts

Yeah, that was pretty nuts. And I agree with her that the hyper partisanism is a pretty standard totalitarian playbook move, but she can't really criticize one side while supporting the other side doing the same thing.
If she's supported one side over the other I haven't read it (mind you I wasn't looking either). media seems to be going out of their way to refer to her as conservative actress Gena Carano

The offending tweet seemed pretty ambiguous to me.

If she's supported one side over the other I haven't read it (mind you I wasn't looking either). media seems to be going out of their way to refer to her as conservative actress Gena Carano

The offending tweet seemed pretty ambiguous to me.
Yeah, I don't twitter (guess I'm not getting promoted), but didn't see anything that was should have been terribly controversial when I browsed her history (but I guess things could have been deleted). There was some vaguely critical of the BLM protests, and some stolen election/election fraud nonsense, but nothing particularly strident, and not even close to the kind of hyperpartisan nonsense that is on Fox everyday.

It seems to be some kind of narrative that she's a right wing nut, but honestly think it's massively overblown and a good example of a social media couchtivism wave to get her fired. I don't get it, but then I actively avoid echo chambers so think both groups are insane idiots.

Re: masks, N95s are pretty bog standard in carpentry settings, especially working with pressboard (masonite, homasote, etc.) and other creators of fine dusts. Would be nice to see the scope widened on some of the "leave those masks for those who need them" messaging, as well as on the pushback to antimask silliness.

As far as effectiveness of lesser masks... every little bit helps. The sort of person who's getting mould in a mask's probably the same sort who can't figure out why they've always got foot fungus and weird rashes.

I use a facemask that has valves and charcoal filter. I bought three, leave one in each car and every few weeks cycle the spare and wash the mask, valves and replace the filter.

What exactly was offensive about her tweet? Was it the fact she compared Republicans to Jews or Jews to Republicans?

It might have been the reference to Nazis as bad seeing as Walt Disney was a noted Nazi sympathizer. They may have taken that personally. They clearly couldn't be mad about comparing today's situation to Nazi Germany because that has been a non stop take from the left since Bush was in office.

What exactly was offensive about her tweet? Was it the fact she compared Republicans to Jews or Jews to Republicans?

It might have been the reference to Nazis as bad seeing as Walt Disney was a noted Nazi sympathizer. They may have taken that personally. They clearly couldn't be mad about comparing today's situation to Nazi Germany because that has been a non stop take from the left since Bush was in office.

When the Jerusalem Post confirms Walt was not an anti-Semite, I tend to believe them:

'No truth in claim that Walt Disney was an anti-Semite'​

When the Jerusalem Post confirms Walt was not an anti-Semite, I tend to believe them:

'No truth in claim that Walt Disney was an anti-Semite'​

This article from the Jewish press disagrees.

Regardless, it isn't a clear picture but there is a difference between a Nazi sympathizer and an anti-semite. They were not always one and the same. Some people undoubtedly went for the Facism and accepted the antisemitism and vice versa. Walt Disney was clearly friendly to the Nazi regime as were many prominent Americans at the time. Personally, I don't care. He is dead and I still love to watch Dumbo, Fantasia and all my other Disney favorites.

It's "bippity bobbity boo". I should know - a grandfather to a Disney princess here. ;)
reaction s GIF

This article from the Jewish press disagrees.

Regardless, it isn't a clear picture but there is a difference between a Nazi sympathizer and an anti-semite. They were not always one and the same. Some people undoubtedly went for the Facism and accepted the antisemitism and vice versa. Walt Disney was clearly friendly to the Nazi regime as were many prominent Americans at the time. Personally, I don't care. He is dead and I still love to watch Dumbo, Fantasia and all my other Disney favorites.
Walt Disney’s political beliefs could not be any less significant to most people. All those Disney movies we grew up watching were great ☺️❤️

Now if they could stop destroying Star Wars, that would be great.... not everything needs to include every race, sexual orientation, belief system, etc etc. Like seriously. It’s an evil empire being fought against by small groups of rebels... just leave the PC nonsense out of it. PLEASE 😭😭🙏🏻

Hey, on the topic of PC nonsense...

who was the hottest / best Disney princess, and why?? 😈

I'm going with Princess Jasmine.

Dark, exotic, has a pet tiger, sneaks out of the palace at night, and stabs a bad guy... giggity

Since Mulan is the only Disney movie I believe I've seen,....does that make me bi?:unsure:
Maybe you are Bambi. And maybe Thumper isn't actually your childhood friend, but suppressed BDSM leanings. But I'm not a psychiatrist. ;)

Hey, on the topic of PC nonsense...

who was the hottest / best Disney princess, and why?? 😈

Dude, I went on a Disney Cruise with my kids who spent alot of their time hanging out with the Princesses.

The correct answer is, of course: ALL OF THEM

Back