• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lost - Missing Kit ( merged )

Best to get a list from your QM, I did.  I got a whole pile of crap I will not have to drive but it will require a good yard sale to clean out. 

I know it's been a few months and I don't mean to resurrect an old post, however I wanted to add my 2 cents worth of experience - hopefully if someone else was to read this it wouldn't be so... confusing...

Many of your comments are quite accurate, but reading the thread, we go from apples to oranges to thermonucleardynamics!

When I want to return my crap to Clothing due to a retirement / release, only Clothing stores can tell you what you have that's returnable. Boots for instance - brand new we will take back. If there is a footprint inside, we will punch a hole in the tongue and it's yours. There are several other items that the Clot storesman can make a call on while at the counter. IF there are items "lost" then at the time of "discovery" an MLR should be raised with Clothing Stores. I feel the need to clarify that at no point does an RQ have authorization to write anything off your Clothing Docs.

This is the next point I need to clarify... QR&O Vol 1, 38.03 Administrative Deductions actually reflect the depreciation of kit over time - to a degree. You will see that if a member is held responsible for an item valued in the CGCS at $350.00, the CO may suggest a pay deduction of 1/4 or $100.00 whichever is greater. 1/4 of 350 works out to 87.50, so you will pay 100 bucks for a 350.00 item. This works for pretty much everything. Now keep in mind a few things - at any point a controlled or restricted item CAN be subject to an MP or even CSIS investigation, so be careful. Binos? Usually a controlled item subject to CTAT and ITAR. I won't get into that. The other thing is that the CO of your unit can only SUGGEST a pay deduction. You have the opportunity to disagree in writing on the MLR, but note that it will then go to the Base Commander. Weigh the pros and cons of this BEFORE you go off causing poop just because you want that bug net.

Lastly, introduction of new items into the system. And how the prices actually work. The "dudes" in Ottawa we call Supply Managers have many NSNs they are responsible for. If an item is issued to you at no cost to your unit (no FIN code is required) it is usually depot stocked. We call this "centrally managed". Any item NOT in the system, but your unit wants you to have it, on approval we call this "locally managed" - meaning FIN code required. For the pricing of the items in the depot (centrally managed) the $$ figure is actually an algorithm. Easy enough - 4 years ago, the depot in Montreal was short the binos in question, so Supply manager received a ROB (Recommended Order Buy) He / She then went ahead and purchased say 100 sets at $200 a set. 3 months later, another ROB was received from the depot in Edmonton for 25 sets. Because the qty was lower than the stipulated contractual agreement, DND paid $450.00 a set. Now when you average the two buys in both Qty and $$ amt, we get a reset price of $250.00 set. Make sense? So when you see the price on the MLR or in the CGCS, it's not referring to the actual consumer cost, it refers to what DND actually paid for the kit over many years and many purchases.

Sorry for the length of this, but I just wanted others to be better informed on how parts of my world actually works. If anyone has any questions at all I am happy to engage in a conversation. Been doing this for over 25 years and enjoy it very much. I like to think I know as much as Vern, but most times she just puts me in my place...

Can someone help me find a lost stores report form. It has been awhile since I needed one and god help me if I can find one on the DIN. I have been searching for a week now. Thanks in advance.

Tcm621 said:
Can someone help me find a lost stores report form. It has been awhile since I needed one and god help me if I can find one on the DIN. I have been searching for a week now. Thanks in advance.

They are locally reproduced, your Unit/Base Supporting Supply Organization will have their local copy for you.  There is no generic CAF form although there is talk of one.

The first step will be reporting that you've lost the form.    ;D

Wing Clothing Stores. It's their job. If that doesn't work, PM me and I will most definitely sort it out. I know them well.

For that matter, let me pass on a little advice to everyone reading this. IF your loss involves kit on your IA (Individual Account A.K.A Clothing Docs) then report to your Clothing Stores and request the latest copy. Sometimes they change (if only a little) but those who seek this form elsewhere can often stumble one we haven't used in years! There are actually legal ramifications to the system if certain info were not included on an MLR. Plus, the MLR clerk doesn't bust a blood vessle when they receive an MLR form created in 2002 when it's 2016!

Bottom line is - if your issue is Clothing - related, go see Clothing!

BinRat55 said:
For that matter, let me pass on a little advice to everyone reading this. IF your loss involves kit on your IA (Individual Account A.K.A Clothing Docs) then report to your Clothing Stores and request the latest copy. Sometimes they change (if only a little) but those who seek this form elsewhere can often stumble one we haven't used in years! There are actually legal ramifications to the system if certain info were not included on an MLR. Plus, the MLR clerk doesn't bust a blood vessle when they receive an MLR form created in 2002 when it's 2016!

Bottom line is - if your issue is Clothing - related, go see Clothing!

[:D

Don't tell me that you guys are like the Commissionaires at 101 who have you wait for an hour before calling you up to the window, spend fifteen minutes verifying all the info on your paperwork for a Building Pass and then circle the document number/date at the bottom and tell you that they can not process you........ >:D

MJP said:
They are locally reproduced, your Unit/Base Supporting Supply Organization will have their local copy for you.  There is no generic CAF form although there is talk of one.

That would be soooooo nice. The crap I go through on a daily basis because not one base in Canada does it the same way. To heck with the right way - not one person seems to know THAT!! At least if we were all doing it the wrong way the same, it would work better... know what I mean?

George Wallace said:
[:D

Don't tell me that you guys are like the Commissionaires at 101 who have you wait for an hour before calling you up to the window, spend fifteen minutes verifying all the info on your paperwork for a Building Pass and then circle the document number/date at the bottom and tell you that they can not process you........ >:D

I'm sorry George, but before I wittingly retort to your comment, I will need you to fill out a Form 67, DND 466 and a CF192 (in triplicate). Sit patiently at your desk for 3 weeks, then check to see my response.

That will be all sir.

BinRat55 said:
That would be soooooo nice. The crap I go through on a daily basis because not one base in Canada does it the same way. To heck with the right way - not one person seems to know THAT!! At least if we were all doing it the wrong way the same, it would work better... know what I mean?

We produced one that we use within the unit that actually follows the rules in the references and is fairly user friendly.  Makes our job much easier.  Gave it to the base and they gushed over it and then did nothing.  Can't help some people although purportedly this APS I can help fix that issue (for the base that is). 

Tcm621 said:
CFB Comox

DWAN link:  http://comox.mil.ca/din_locl/organizations/wing_logistics/supply/forms.aspx

6th document down

Amended 5 November 2015, so if there's a newer version out there, the ink isn't dry on it yet.

Occam said:
DWAN link:  http://comox.mil.ca/din_locl/organizations/wing_logistics/supply/forms.aspx

6th document down

Amended 5 November 2015, so if there's a newer version out there, the ink isn't dry on it yet.

Don't you mean "the link isn't dry"?  ;)

Well, if you're going to go that far, I would probably say "the link is so new that it hasn't had a chance to get broken yet by Treasury Board Common Look and Feel v.169 web reorganization efforts".  ;D

Occam said:
Well, if you're going to go that far, I would probably say "the link is so new that it hasn't had a chance to get broken yet by Treasury Board Common Look and Feel v.169 web reorganization efforts".  ;D

This year's PER: Mastered leading change by breaking the unit website again.

BinRat55 said:
I'm sorry George, but before I wittingly retort to your comment, I will need you to fill out a Form 67, DND 466 and a CF192 (in triplicate). Sit patiently at your desk for 3 weeks, then check to see my response.

That will be all sir.

And don't forget the cover letter for the TPS Reports. You got the memo, right?

Back