• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Losing moral

Kv-super

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

It's been around a year since I applied to the reserves for infantry in the lorne scots regiment, I have completed all testing and handed in all medical forms, my recruiter finally contacted me back and informed me that I have to still pass my back round check after a year! I'm 18 I have no credit, no criminal offences, I haven't even been suspended from school, I don't understand what's taking so long because most people i have talked to in the military have said it's ridiculous that this is taking so long because I am reserves. If anyone can shine the light for me I'd be so happy because I am very fusturated at this point I just want to be merit listed and get the ball rolling.

Good Day,

I wanted to clarify one point for you, being that you are joining a Reserve Unit you will not be merit listed.  The "Merit List" exists solely for Regular Force applicants.

Recruiting for Reserve Units rests solely with each individual Reserve Unit.
When someone applies to join a Reserve Unit online, the application is sent directly to that Reserve Unit. When they give the "green light" to the supporting Recruiting Centre that there is an opening within their unit and that they'd like to enroll you is when processing occurs.  The Recruiting Centre will do your Aptitude Test, Interview, Medical and Background check.  Although you're 18 you will still need to undergo a background check, this is a requirement for everyone joining the Forces.  While you state that you have no credit, no criminal offences - that is not the case for every 18 year old who applies.

Looking at your posts, you stated on 20 February that you had just applied to the Lorne Scots.  While I can understand that even at 7 months you're feeling disheartened, you are not at the year mark.  I know I've posted on here explaining that during the summer most Reserve Recruiting is on hold, this is because of Reserve Unit Staff are away for the summer instructing.  Very little occurs between beginning June to end August because of this.

When you look at the time of when you applied and take out the time your file was on "hold" due to Reserve Summer Training your file has been in process for approximately 4 months.  Most Reserve Units have now commenced their Fall Training and the Reserve Recruiter should be back at the unit (assuming they're not taking leave after working all summer), you should follow up with your Reserve Unit Recruiter.  Being that the Lorne Scots fall under 32 Canadian Brigade Group, if you want to send me a private message with your name, DOB and email address I can get in touch with one of the Brigade Recruiters and ask them to follow up with you.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Back