• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for My Biological Father "Updated With More Information"

ravko

Inactive
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know this is silly but you just never know...I was born in Iserlohn Germany March 1959, the father I thought was my father, served in the 2nd Battalion, Queens Own rifles in Germany "Donald Philip Nelson", also known as "Broom"...He joined at Jericho Beach and served in Germany 1956 to 1959...His best friend was a black fellow named "Charity"...He was often gone 6 weeks at a time on exercises...My mother Patricia Nelson was well known to the motor pool as trouble, she met my biological father while he was delivering groceries to her camp...He was in the camp next door "RCHA" Royal Canadian Horse Artillery and was part Indian, last she heard he was a Private...This is all the information I can get from her and my biological father never knew he had a daughter...I was raised with Donald Nelson as my father but need to find my biological father for medical purposes and or whatever...Thanxs in advance if you can help...Karin

you might want to try the Canadian National archives
http://search-recherche.collectionscanada.ca/archives/searchResults.jsp?FormName=from+MIKAN+Search+Results&QueryText=queen%27s+own+rifles&PageNum=1&SortSpec=score+desc&Suggestion=on&Language=eng&Sources=mikan&ResultCount=10&Level=&MaterialDateOperator=&MaterialDate=&Date=&Media=&DigitalImages=

OR

There is always the QOR regimental association:

http://www.qor.com/association/association.html

good luck

Whew: The title sure scared me. :eek: :eek:
But since you were born just over a year before I was its not likely I can be blamed for this case. ;D ;D ;D

Good luck on your search & Best Wishes: Rick

ravko,

Your initial post is all that's needed here. If anyone knows, or he sees this, they can contact you by PM. We, at this site, expect anyone that wants to help, contact the father first, give them the info, and let them make contact, if they wish. Good luck in your endevours ravko.

Back