• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

looking for info and father and his regiment

suzyandcrew

Inactive
Reaction score
Im looking for info on my fathers unit during second world war. Trying to get info I can on him or his unit. His name was ALFRED JAMES HUNT. SERVICE# K-88013, rANK- SGT, ROYOL CANADIAN ENGINERS.ESQUIMALT B.C 14TH MAY 1940. DISCHARGE ORDER 1029 (5CL) mEDALS, DECORATIONS-CANADIAN VOLUNTEER SERVICE MEDAL AND CLASP 1939-45 STAR OF FRANCE& GERMANY STAR.AGE-25 YEARS 4 MONTHS FOR Co x] DISTRICT DEPOT CA(A), 21ST NOVE/49 iF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO ON ANY OF THIS OR WHERE i COULD GET ANY WOULD BE GRATLY APPRECIATED. i AM HIS 8TH OF 9 CHILDREN AND THE ONLY ONE INTERESTED IN THIS INFO. wOULD LIKE TO GET AS MUCH AS i CAN TO GIVE TO MY SON. tHANKS

You should start by ordering a copy of his service record from Library and Archives Canada:

Canadian Forces after 1918 (including Second World War)
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/genealogie/022-909.007-e.html

How to Send an Inquiry Concerning Your Own or Another Individual's Records

* Your request must be signed.
    * To identify a file, we require surname, full given name(s), date of birth, and service number or social insurance number.
    * If you do not know the date of birth, service number or S.I.N. (social insurance number), secondary information (e.g., the names of next of kin, postings, dates of service, place of enlistment) can assist in identifying the correct individual.
    * Consult the section below on Access Restrictions.
    * Please specify what document(s) you require. If you are doing family history research, we recommend that you request a "genealogy package," which will include copies of selected documents from the file that highlight/summarize the individual's service.
    * We do not accept email inquiries for these records. Inquiries must be sent by mail or fax.
    * Your request can be written as a letter or you can print off a blank copy of the Application for Military Service Information form available in [PDF 103 KB] or [RTF 44,475 KB] format, which should be filled in, signed and sent by mail or fax.
      (Download Freeware)
    * Inquiries should be sent by mail or fax to:

ATIP and Personnel Records Division
Library and Archives Canada
395 Wellington Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0N4
Fax: 613-947-8456

Back