• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for a documentary that was aired a few years ago on the History Channel

Xiang

Inactive
Reaction score
At least I think it was the History Channel.  It was the documentary on when the Canadian Army first went into Afghanistan in 2002 with the PPCLI, and highlighted the Tora Bora offensive IIRC.  It was followed by a documentary on the friendly fire incident that also took place during that deployment.

I have searched the internet high and low and ran every possible combination of search strings through this site, Google, Youtube and other various search venues.

If anyone has it book marked or can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

The only thread I was able to find on this documentary was this one:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/22927.0.html

But unfortunately it doesn't include any link to it being online.

Have you contacted the History Channel wrt to this documentary?

Thanks for the response TCBF, but if you would direct your attention 2 posts above, I made reference to that very post, and mentioned that it had referenced what I was looking for, but stopped short of providing a link to the actual documentary.

And thanks for the suggestion Ex-Dragoon.  I had contacted History Television (they apparently don't like to be called "The History Channel") and requested where I can get a copy, but they suggested I try contacting a site called CIDA (they were rather vague and didn't give a URL or an explanation on what CIDA was) for copies, and have yet to respond to my replies.

Thanks anyway.

Try here:

http://www.cda-cdai.ca/english-frame.htm    CONFERENCE OF DEFENCE ASSOCIATIONS (CDA)

Xiang said:
(they apparently don't like to be called "The History Channel")

"The History Channel" being a different station entirely ( an American one) i can understand why they wouldnt like to be refred to by that.

Sorry for the hijack, but is there anyone else who really doesn't see what CSI New York has to do with history? (it's on History Television for some odd reason).
[/hijack]

Midget

Thanks emmiee.  It was in fact CDIA, not CIDA.  Typo on my part.

Aside from the rest of the responses, does anyone know what CDIA is, or where I can find the documentary in question?  I have searched their site inside and out.

Thanks in advance

uncle-midget-boyd said:
Sorry for the hijack, but is there anyone else who really doesn't see what CSI New York has to do with history? (it's on History Television for some odd reason).
[/hijack]

Midget

They show re-runs.  That means it happened in the past, right?  ;)

boot12 said:
They show re-runs.  That means it happened in the past, right?  ;)

Sure. If that's their excuse. .
I just wish they would put reruns of the old Vic Morrow and Rick Jason series back on. Sgt. Saunders and Lt. Hanley in "Combat."
Now that, was historical.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0qQGS4fXSY

Midget

Thanks for the replies guys, but lets not derail the topic.  If you want to talk about other shows, please feel free to make topics on them.

Much appreciated.

Pretty sure I have a copy on VHS at work...I'll have a look tomorrow. IIRC it was called "Canadians in Afghanistan?" Good to see that taping everything on History Television finally paid off.

Yup, have a VHS tape "Canadians in Afghanistan." Two episodes:
1. Chasing Shadows
2. Friendly Fire

- On the link I posted above, I had read this post by Krugan:

Re: Canadians in Afghanistan: A video record
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2004, 18:10:48 »  MilPoints Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just as an FYI, I ordered the tapes on the 24th & received them today (27th)!  So in case anyone wants to know what it's like to order from the History Channel my experience has been great so far.

Can't wait to watch them tonight now."

- So, History Channel was, indeed, a source at one time.  However, like a lot of civvy orgs, they probably have high turnover and low GAF factors...

Back