• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Long Weekend!

And oof, good luck to any of the 881 k people who lost power today

edit: my bad, it's up to 973k now.

And oof, good luck to any of the 881 k people who lost power today

edit: my bad, it's up to 973k now.
Thanks. Just drove in to work to pick up the big USB battery pack I keep stored there. I think my end of town ate a small tornado- lots of damage evident and in a long path. Trees down on power lines everywhere. It’s a goddamned mess. Numerous roads closed for hydro to work. About to take a different route home to see how it looks west of me. Probably fairly gnarly.

Creeping up to the 24 hour mark with no power. Frustratingly... 1 block west has power, 1 block south has power, 1 block east has power, and 2 blocks north.... they have power too. Fun times.

Yes, the weather put a wrench it in for a whole lotta folks. I hope any of you who are in the dark are getting by. I've been watching a lot of the coverage and it was quite the swath. I don't know if the Ottawa area got a particularly bad hit or it's just the media, since a lot of the Toronto media gets nose bleeds if they have to cross the border.

I reached out to a buddy in Uxbridge (hit hard - possible tornado) who said they were in one piece but running on genny. They just sold their house so happy for no damage (that would truly suck).

Based on the length and breadth of the system, I tend to agree with the Derecho analysis (straight line winds) but it could have spun off a tornado or two. Mother Nature can be scary when in a mood and I'm not sure whether the winds are straight or twisty makes much of a difference.

Back