• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberals Want Voting Age Lowered to 16

recceguy said:
Now, you've been asked questions. Answer them,

C'mon guys, his lack of an answer IS the answer.

He was part of a trade union so secret, and so powerful that it reaches the highest levels of society and carries out a secret agenda of national domination. He cant admit that hes a member or reveal anyone's membership in it.

Well, I'm going to out him:

C/D: you are in arrears for your dues to the Illuminati International Brotherhood of Templars and Freemasons local 10101

The rest of you scofflaws (and we know who you are) can expect your next statement delivered by black helicopter by the end of the month! This has been going on far too long, and the Grand Master expects prompt dues payments in the future, or else.

Artorius old nut; if this thread turns into a recruiting tool for the GALLANT AND IMPERIAL LOYAL FRONTIERSMEN of IMPERIAL CANADA ( Stealth DIVISION) United COMMAND, Splinter Division.....

Steel Badger said:
Artorius old nut; if this thread turns into a recruiting tool for the GALLANT AND IMPERIAL LOYAL FRONTIERSMEN of IMPERIAL CANADA ( Stealth DIVISION) United COMMAND, Splinter Division.....

No, those are just the collection agents for the Grand Master...... ;)

Fun's over. Enough of the hijack. Back on topic.

50.gif

Milnet.ca Fun Police

recceguy, I hope it's alright if I at least answer their question? Yes I have been involved in Unions in the past, and hopefully in the future as well.

-C/D

Cognitive-Dissonance said:
recceguy, I hope it's alright if I at least answer their question? Yes I have been involved in Unions in the past, and hopefully in the future as well.

-C/D

As what?  How long? How many strikes you been in?  Negotiations?..........

Bruce, that is what I wanted to know... we shall see if he answers,    given that he his very reticent to elaborate on his own sit.

tynanfromBC said:
If lowering the voting age means 16 year olds will begin to pay taxes, then by all means.

You mean they DON'T in Canada?! Wow. The longer I stay out of the US, the more I realize just how different other places are.

Ha....how did I miss that?

Of course they do if they have any sort of income,....just like at any age.

I'm absolutly against any lowering of the voting age.  I don't think people have the experience and knowledge to make such decision at that age.  If in 1995 the voting age had been at 16 in Quebec, we probably would not be part of the confedaration anymore. Among the young there was a big majority for independance.  At least at the school I went to... 
I think young voter are to at risk to be taken by what is cool at the moment instead of what is truely raisonable and desirable for the nation.  It's easy to be blinded when you don't have the experience to know what is just political spin and what will really happen if you vote that way.  I know I was...  :-[

Sorry for my latest derailing of the thread all; but having asked C/D a question, I feel I deserve an answer to it. Certainly I believe that Bruce deserves one as well. Why does C/D appear to be more and more an "ivory tower" wallah who hides behind hyperbole?  Perhaps he has reached HIS Rubicon here?

Iacta Alea Est C/D.

Again. apologies all

tynanfromBC said:
If lowering the voting age means 16 year olds will begin to pay taxes, then by all means.

By paying taxes what do you mean? For their wages they receive? I am fine with that since I am going 19 soon enough ^^ (although I have been paying for a year now anyways)

HunterADA said:
You mean they DON'T in Canada?! Wow. The longer I stay out of the US, the more I realize just how different other places are.

Taxes are paid on our income from any age, but further taxes are taken off once one works past the age of 18.

ARMY_101 said:
Taxes are paid on our income from any age, but further taxes are taken off once one works past the age of 18.

I'm no expert but I don't think "extra" are taken off due to any age......any "extra" would be based on earnings.

[and if that is the case, army101 then this would be the second time you have placed yourself as having facts that you do not have, something we frown highly here at army.ca.]

EDIT: confused "army101" with "army08" from the underage drinking thread.

And that is not something I'd like to get into again ;)

Perhaps I can try and clarify.  Income tax rates are the same no matter what age - "15% on the first $37,885 of taxable income".  The "extra" I spoke of come from Canada Pension Plan and Employment Insurance deductions, not a "higher" percentage of tax being taken off.  My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Well I definitely know I was being taxed for a lot more my first payment after 18. But that must of been the pension tax?

ARMY_101 said:
And that is not something I'd like to get into again ;)

Perhaps I can try and clarify.  Income tax rates are the same no matter what age - "15% on the first $37,885 of taxable income".  The "extra" I spoke of come from Canada Pension Plan and Employment Insurance deductions, not a "higher" percentage of tax being taken off.  My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Change that to CPP only - EI is deductable regardless of age.

Maybe they should make the age for members of parliament 16 couldn't do worse than the crowd there now.

STONEY said:
Maybe they should make the age for members of parliament 16 couldn't do worse than the crowd there now.

No doubt there.

I personally don't mind if the voting age is lowered to twelve, let's just make sure the kids are given a good grasp of civics before then.  Hell, most adults don't really understand the system.

Back