• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Layton pitches veterans' benefits plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the difference between an addict talking crap to my face vs. a person who is in flashback-- the non-verbals give it away (and it can't really be faked), and I saw it out there.  Trauma is distinctive and discernable.

While it's a wait to get addiction treatment, and most on the street are suffering that and/or dual disorders (addiction and a mental health disorder)-- the addiction needs to be treated first.  Later stages of alcohol often requires medical detox, same with other substance abuse.  I know a chronic pain survivor who's life took a down turn because he got addicted to the Dilottas-- he tried to quit on his own and almost died, medical emergency (burn/electrocution victim).  WSIB similar hassels to the insurance packages re: Veteran care, percentage forumulas, really eager to cut costs-- PTSD is one of those dx's they try to cut at.

Trauma help is virtually all privatized-care, not covered by provincial health plans-- at best, one gets drugged, but that's not teaching the first-aid that's necessary to learn in coping with PTSD and assistance to their families.  It's a disorder which is highly under-served.  MEG scans show it's actually brain injury (affecting the hippocampus region), discernable, a medical condition just as other conditions.  It's often difficult to do a differiential diagnosis between TBI and PTSD.  It would be good if we had proper research funding, most of the specialization and research is Stateside, so it's reasonable that we have to share it.

kstart, you're posts are confusing. We don't know if you're talking personal experience. What your background is, or anything else. You're spouting a lot of clinical shit anyone can get with google.

Right now, I'm reading you're a Mohawk speaking, ex sniper, with Iraq (maybe Vietnam) experience and a whole lot of other stuff that doesn't make sense.

How about telling us who you are and what you've done.

Maybe then we'll be able to understand why you're so eager to talk about your PTSD, childhood & adult experiences, where thousands of others wouldn't.

BTW, it's not Dilottas, it's dilaudid. I figured anyone as close to the street as you, dealing with all the problems of others would know that from all your exposure.

Again, lots of cool clinical cut and paste, but you can't spell a simple medication.

Oh, and this one?
I know the difference between an addict talking crap to my face vs. a person who is in flashback-- the non-verbals give it away (and it can't really be faked), and I saw it out there.  Trauma is distinctive and discernable.

Unless you're a clinical phsycologist, I call bull shit.

kstart said:
I honoured the anger with respect, a Mohawk Vietnam vet, sniper and knows his Native tongue.
Are you, kstart, saying you are a Mohawk-speaking, Vietnam-veteran sniper?
I know the difference between an addict talking crap to my face....
It was actually a "yes" or "no" question....not an essay question.    ::)

Anyway, the thread is about Taliban Jack, not kstart and his service to humanity.

kstart said:

Nope. Doesnt work like that- such things dont exist as rules. Some behaviors are indicative of potential truth or deceit . But not like you said. Your issues are painting your expectations. Like child abuse advocates that see child abuse in everything because of their own experiences. The idea that someone who had convinced themeselves of their "past" due to their mental illness or an addict who actually had it happen has a secret set of nonverbals exclusive to each is....untrue.......

Moreover- being an advocate like you said you would be aware of the massive levels of mental illness in homeless transient populations.......and the levels of addictions....so you are basically saying you can tell the difference in nonverbal cues between one mentally ill drug addict who tellls the truth and one who lies just on their "non-verbals". Especially on the side of the road.

You wont change your mind but youre transferring your expectations and only accepting what suits your world view.

This thread has sufficiently departed from discussion of politics to be unrecoverable. It is locked.  All participants are advised not to try and continue the debate it turned into on any other thread.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back