• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Land Enviroment Training?

ArmyRick

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I am an instructor of SQ courses at a TC (Won't go into detail). I train lots of sigs, EME, medical, security but few if any Log? I am told by a Log officer (who didn't like saying it) that most LOG troops do LET trg at the units. Is this true? Is this trg near as effective as what we do at the Training Centers? Be carefull what waffles you reply with, I am 031 and I beleive in TOUGH challenging training....

I think it is now called "Army Familiarisation Training."  I've been looking for a CTP for the many Air Force pers that form one of our troops.  I am still hopefull that it will contain "TOUGH challenging training."

38 CBG uses:

LET - http://armyapp.forces.gc.ca/38cbg_arsd/CD/sq/tp/essentrg.pdf

http://armyapp.forces.gc.ca/38cbg_arsd/CD/commonforms/sqcompletionessentialtraining.doc

ArmyRick said:
..... Be carefull what waffles you reply with, I am 031 and I beleive in TOUGH challenging training....

..and i am 081 and i believe in tough , challenging training.  Whats your point ?

...and I'm a civy and I believe in tough, challenging training. What aesop said.........

You seem to have a hard on towards "purples".

We heard (at a career mangler brief, i think) that SQ was going to be phased out and replaced with a longer and more indepth small arms training program at BMQ. Anybody else hear anything about this or is my headset finaly starting to effect my hearing?

RMS C Clk (Air) in Shilo - never heard of this - maybe younger soldiers?  I know my son is going RMS Clk and when he gets to Borden he has to do his SQ then Clk QL3.  Years ago when I went to an Infantry unit we did Winter Warfare and Battle School to get us ramped up to be part of the Unit. I would assume only your world would do this type of trg as I cannot see us have the funding or staff to do this also.

You must be Steve's father, could you beat some sense into him for us. He buys expensive green tea  ;D

I'm 935 and I think Challenging Training is a good idea as well....

The question is, what is your Idea of Hard? Do you belive in Real Training that will better the soldiers abilities to do their job or are you referring  to running troops ragged just to see how much they can take?

Regards
      Josh

You must be Steve's father, could you beat some sense into him for us. He buys expensive green tea  Grin

He is finally off to the ARMY (Hey he tried AF and NAVY - but ended up being part of the brainwashed :) )
I gave up beating sense into him 22 years ago - But I am sure proud of him - 3 in (me, wife, Steph) one to go!
The Canadian Forces (Our best recruiting is amongst ourselves) ! ! !

Back